cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to make Unity 4.2 voicemail only?

jsmith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, have end of life Unity 4.2 in an environment where exchange will be ugraded to version 2010.  I know Unity 4.2 will not work with that version of exchange and am looking for a way to save it.  Currently have it partnered to Exchange 2003 which will be upgraded.  Is there a way to remove unity from exchange or exchange from unity so that Unity can be used like a legacy voicemail server and users no longer receive their voicemails in Outlook but have to use the TUI?  Any help or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

Unfortunately, you can not have Unity without a message store (either Exchange or Domino). If you want to make it VMO, then you could install Exchange on the Unity server and repoint Unity to it.

HTH

Adam

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

Unfortunately, you can not have Unity without a message store (either Exchange or Domino). If you want to make it VMO, then you could install Exchange on the Unity server and repoint Unity to it.

HTH

Adam

jsmith
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Adam, any links on what steps to take or any documentation on how to install it on the Unity Server without causing any problems to the current production environment would be very helpful.  If I install exchange on the unity server, is it safe to assume that it doesn't have to be added to the domain and that way users will have to use the tui?

Take a look at this link http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/42/upgrade/guide/ex/ru_060.html

I believe all you really need to do is install Exchange on the Unity server, then run through the steps to change the partner exchange server to the new one. I would recommend running a backup first (DiRT or COBRAS).

HTH

Adam