cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to pick up the call which is broadcatsed through paging system in Cisco environment.

sharath2424
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have CUCM 10.5.2.and Unity Connection 10.5.1

We have a paging system configured through VG224 by providing one extension.

During the off hours, only 3 or 4 supervisors would be there in site who will roam across the floors, being an emergency call, if any out side caller/internal user would like to speak to some one from plant during that time, we can make the call to reach Paging system through which it will broadcast to over head speakers....but how come one on the floor will connect to that caller using any phone across the floor?

How to configure that??

Please assist me if there is any solution...

Thanks,

KS

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't think there's a way to do that, as the call has already been extended to a port in the VG224, just as you cannot simply "pull" a call from other device which is on an active call.

Your paging system would need to somehow put the call on hold, and a shared extension could pickup the call, or use something like part to place the call back into CUCM control, so someone could pick it up.

Not sure if you could try to use barge/cBarge for this, but this would only work on a phone which is a shared line with the VG224 DN.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime for your response..

Yes I feel the same that when the call is been given to paging extension (From AA/CUCM), then looks like it is not possible to take the same active call from any phone...but our requirement is when plant receives an emergency call it will be connected to Paging system extension using AA options, during off hours, the supervisors will be on floor walk and they should be able to pick up that active emergency call from any nearest phone as soon as they hear the information using Loud Speakers...

Can you please advice if we can do in any way.....