cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to register Cisco 8861 ip phone without any router and without CUCM !!

dolgan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone. İ have a Cisco 8861 ip phone and want to use it in my office (small office with 2 people). I have 50 mbit/s internet. I don't have router. I just want to use that phone with cloud pbx providers (I tried lots of time but the phone can't register- no signal goes to provider from ip phone). is there any way to register it with no equipment and license? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You cannot go from enterprise to 3PCC or viceversa, you * can * make it work, but it's going to be a lot more complicated as you'll need to adjust all the parameters in the .xml files the phone expects. A 3PCC device provides a web GUI to configure all those settings.

Again, review Leo Lahoo's replies on the topic on previous threads.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you bought a regular phone with enterprise FW and not a 3PCC model, you will need to provide the phone with all the configuration files as if it was going to be used with a Cisco call control. Review Leo Lahoo's replies on previous threads.

You forcefully need a device that will know how to route packets and how to reach out to your provider, if the device the provider has given you for the internet access is unable to do that for the phone, there is no way to do what you want.

HTH

java

I want to use it in cheapest way. So i search for upgrading enterprise to 3pcc but im not sure that it is possible? İf it is not possible then which equipment and software i need? And what it cost nearly?

You cannot go from enterprise to 3PCC or viceversa, you * can * make it work, but it's going to be a lot more complicated as you'll need to adjust all the parameters in the .xml files the phone expects. A 3PCC device provides a web GUI to configure all those settings.

Again, review Leo Lahoo's replies on the topic on previous threads.

HTH

java

Dolgan, 

Don't send me a PM about 3PCC.  I have no idea how that software works!

Listen (and understand) what Java is recommending:  You need to find out first if the phone is loaded with 3PCC software or not.  

If it's loaded with 3PCC then fine:  Read the instructions.  

If it's not loaded with 3PCC then use Google to find instructions about how to integrate the phone to non-Cisco call server(s).

Java,
I ain't providing any help on this thread. The line has been crossed.

Fair enough, that why I just told them to look at your replies on previous threads for reference.

HTH

java