cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to set Line Text Label and Display when using Auto-Register

MVK
Level 1
Level 1

This seems like it should be fairly straight forward.

CUCM 11.5 using auto-register for phones so we can just plug them in and go. That part works fine, they download firmware, get a DN and are usable.

I'm looking for a way to use auto-register to assign a Display (Caller ID) and Line Text Label, instead of going to the DN of each phone and putting it in. Is there an easy way to set this up? I looked over https://www.netcraftsmen.com/cucm-self-provisioning/ but with LDAP and AD this is getting into areas we don't need.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nope, auto-registration just provides a basic device configuration and a line (n+1 from the pool until exhausted), how would you think it would guess what DN and line text label and display for a user it should use (when it comes from a DN pool), if it has not idea what user it would be associated to??

That's what self-provisioning does, you associate a device to a user, and then get those specifics.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks, that gives me something to think about. The Display and Line Text can be the same for every phone, the phones are not personalized. I'll look through the self-provisioning guide.