Views
Helpful
Replies

How to use Enhanced Plus license for softphone/deskphone

GAMAS.dnvgl.com
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Recently we had an upgrade of our phone system from  9.x to 11.5. During the upgrade we have added 100 Enhanced Plus licenses, but I don't know how to activate them to be used for specific phones. We have around 20 people who are working from home (from time to time), so having  deskphone and softphone registered in the system utilizes two enhanced license. For them we would like to switch to enhanced plus, so they will utilize only one. 

Could you please help me how to assign such license to specific user?

We are using Extension Mobility service.

Thank you

Maciej

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sounds good, that is exactly what i said.

Enhanced Plus User Connect License - supports up to two devices, and including all Enhanced devices.

JB

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Maciej

The following are the license types for the Unified Communications Manager:

Essential Essential User Connect License - supports one device providing basic voice or analog device (phone or fax). (For example: analog phone, ATA 186, ATA 187, Cisco 3905, Cisco 6901)
Basic Basic User Connect License - supports one device, including all Essential devices, plus basic (voice and video) call control features. (For example: Cisco 6911, Cisco 6921)
Enhanced Enhanced User Connect License - supports one device, including all Basic devices, plus advanced (voice and video) call control features including desktop and mobile clients. (For example: Cisco 3911, Cisco 3951, Cisco 6941, Cisco 6945, Cisco 6961, Cisco 79xx, Cisco 89xx, Cisco 99xx, Cisco E20, Cisco TelePresence EX60, Cisco TelePresence EX90, third party SIP)
Enhanced Plus Enhanced Plus User Connect License - supports up to two devices, and including all Enhanced devices.
CUWL Standard CUWL Standard Unified Workspace Licensing (UWL) license for Unified CM - supports advanced (voice and video) call control features including desktop and mobile with maximum of two devices per user.
CUWL Professional CUWL Professional Unified Workspace Licensing (UWL) license for Unified CM - includes CUWL Standard features and professional collaboration workspace application features with maximum of ten devices per user.
TelePresence Room TelePresence Room license - supports room based immersive and multipurpose Cisco TelePresence System endpoints. (For example: Cisco TelePresence System Series 3200, 3000, 1300; Cisco TelePresence MX Series; Cisco TelePresence TX Series; Cisco TelePresence System Profile Series)

You would have to first understand licensing to do so as there are combination with this.

Refer below for details.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100_chapter_0100101.html

(Rate if it helps)

JB

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I've manage to find out the solution myself. 

What I did I just changed Owner from phone configuration to User and setup Owner User ID to specific UserID. Once two different devices have been assigned to one user, it automatically released 2 enhanced license and took one from enhanced plus.

Case close :)

Sounds good, that is exactly what i said.

Enhanced Plus User Connect License - supports up to two devices, and including all Enhanced devices.

JB

thanks for updating the post.

JB