Views
Helpful
Replies

How to use the IP Phone 8851 with a SIP PBX

John Naggets
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I Just bought an IP Phone 8851 and would like to use it with an Asterisk PBX (SIP). As such I have read that I need to flash it with the SIP image. So my question here is, where can I find this SIP image for this specific phone? and are there any instructions somewhere? I already have a DHCP and TFTP server ready on my LAN.

Thank you in advance for your precious help.

Regards

John

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So my question here is, where can I find this SIP image for this specific phone?

A valid Service Contract is required in order to download any software.   Since this is an 8851 it is, by default, already running SIP software.  The main question is whether or not the software version is "compatible" with 3rd party call manager, like Asterisk and such.  SIP software for the 8851 can be found HERE.

and are there any instructions somewhere?

Cisco doesn't support integrating the phones to non-Cisco call managers, however, search for "Asterisk" in this forum and there should be a few threads available.  

For a start, post the SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml file and I'll have a look.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: