Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group for Android Cisco Jabber DN

pilos.dimitrios
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

i need to forward any incoming call to an existing DN x600 to ring in 5 other DNs (that are going to use for now cisco jabber in android devices)

For that reason i was create the:

1. Line Group which i add the the necessary DNs as a members;
  2. Hunt List;
  3. Hunt Pilot; i add  a pattern *600

My concern is; if i configured correctly the Hunt Pilot. With the *600 on step 3 means that whatever end in 600 will "forward" the call and ring the line group members?

br,

Dimitris.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

A hunt pilot can ring the DNs in the line group with whatever algorithm you want, that's OK, but the settings, what to use will depend on your needs, and your dial plan, both of those only YOU know.

If the system tells you 5600 is already being used, you cannot use it, a shared line is not applicable here.

You will need to figure out based on your dial plan what can be used for your configuration, and how to configure it with any other elements that might be involved (CUBE/vGW/etc).

If you're not familiar with CUCM, I strongly suggest you approach a reputable consultant for assistance, not fully understanding how call routing works in CUCM can lead to the introduction of issues.

An example, if * worked as you though it did, then dialing 5600 would not dial the hunt pilot, but it would dial whatever is configured with 5600 in your system because it's always best match routing.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, that's not how this works

The asterisk (*) character can provide an extra digit for special dialed numbers.

You can configure the route pattern *411 to provide access to the internal operator for directory assistance.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

the approach is correct? or i need to select a different implementation? 

if i add 5600 in the route pilot, i receive the message: A Translation Pattern exists with the same pattern and partition." This number i forget to told you that already associated with a physical device.

can i avoid totally this step? in this case how i combine the 5600 with the group line?

br,

dimitris.

A hunt pilot can ring the DNs in the line group with whatever algorithm you want, that's OK, but the settings, what to use will depend on your needs, and your dial plan, both of those only YOU know.

If the system tells you 5600 is already being used, you cannot use it, a shared line is not applicable here.

You will need to figure out based on your dial plan what can be used for your configuration, and how to configure it with any other elements that might be involved (CUBE/vGW/etc).

If you're not familiar with CUCM, I strongly suggest you approach a reputable consultant for assistance, not fully understanding how call routing works in CUCM can lead to the introduction of issues.

An example, if * worked as you though it did, then dialing 5600 would not dial the hunt pilot, but it would dial whatever is configured with 5600 in your system because it's always best match routing.

HTH

java