Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group / Line Group Configuration

bolz_icw_
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

maybe somebody has an idea, how to achive the following goal best:

The actual issue is this: We configured a Hunt Group with a belonging Line Group, which contains a few DNs.

The distribution algorithm of this LineGroup is broadcast.

Additional to the already configured DNs, my colleagues want to add two mobile numbers, which isn't possible to add directly to the Line Group of course.

I thought of some different approaches to achive this aim:

1) Add a translation pattern to translate an internal DN to the external mobile number and then add the DN to the Line Group.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to add a translation pattern to my Line Group.

2)

Set up an appropriate CTI route point, with a LINE and a DN. Then configure a call forward all to my mobile number. And finally add the CTI route point to my Line Group.

Unfortunately, also adding a CTI Route Point to the Line Group wasn't possible.

3)

What is possible, is to configure a second LINE to a phone, setting up a call forward all from this LINE to my mobile number and then add this LINE to my Line Group.

But I would rather be independent from a phone configuration.

Has somebody another approach, how to achive my aim?

Thanks in advance,

Joachim

18 Replies 18

Hi Jason,

You can use the concept of Single Number Reach (SNR / Mobile Connect) to accomplish this :

1. Create 2 dummy DNs on CallManager (need not be associated with any phone)

2. Assign these dummy DNs as hunt group members for the required Hunt Pilot number
3. Create Remote Destination Profiles (RDP), with each dummy DN pointing to the cell phone you want the call to be extended
4. You can associate the Dummy DN with a partition with a time schedule, so that cell phones ring only during that time, when that hunt pilot is called
5. Make sure that the SNR call to the cell phone can make the call out to the cell phone (Rerouting CSS on RDP determines that)

Make sure the call to the cell phones go out through a PRI or SIP trunk. SNR is not supported across BRI / CAS / FXO / FXS.

Let me know if this helps.

- Sriram

Please rate helpful posts !

Hey Sriram!

I was able to get the SNR to work on my extension, but I cannot get the dummy dn to ring.  It goes to a fast busy.  I copied all the settings from my extension to the new RDP but it will not ring.

Any suggestions?

Jason

Hi Jason,

Can you set the 'Cisco CallManager' traces to detailed, make a test call and upload the 'cisco callmanager' logs from all servers here ?

Let me know

- Calling party

- Called party (Dummy DN)

- RD associated with it

- Time stamp of call

- Exact user experience

- Sriram

ashiesha
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I tried amost of the above methods to achieve, but still face one or the other issues.

++ Dummy DN + Call Fed All

++ Hunt List + SNR

but nothing worked as expected.

The environment I want to recreate is:

Call one single number, which forwards the call to 3 different numbers & simultaneously three respective external (mobile) numbers.

Is this possible, with CUCM 8.x?

Let me know the details, How?