Views
Helpful
Replies

hunt pilot busy trigger

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dears,

I have a hunt pilot/hunt list working as expected perfect only i need a slight change what i want is that when my 4 helpdesk are busy speaking to the staff  the hunt pilot keeps routing the calls to the helpdesk instead can it trigger a busy tone to the caller , this is becz the caller thinks that the helpdesk is not answering purposely.

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Adam,

No you don't have to enable any multicast, but you need to verify that there are valid routes between CUCM and end devices, and that there are no Firewall that is blocking RTP from CUCM to the devices. It is because when a caller is going to queue, the MOH is streamed from the MOH resources of the CUCM.

Please rate my answer as helpful and a correct answer, if it did. :)

Best regards,

Slavik Bialik.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

Well, can't see how it is possible.

But what you can do is enable queueing on the Hunt Pilot and play some music using MOH source that is saying something like: "Our agents are occupied with previous calls, please wait till an agent will become available to get your call". The customers will know that they're waiting in the queue and won't think that the helpdesk team aren't answering.

If you have Unity, you can also redirect them to Voice Mail. This is another option.

Dear Slavik,

thanks for the reply, how i can do the queueing any configuration example or can u write down simple steps in short so that i can have a idea.

thanks

Hi,

It is very simple. Go to your Hunt Pilot settings, then go to "Queueing" section, and tick the "Queue Calls" option. Basically it is enough, but from there there are more options that opened after you enabled queuing. Like:

• Network Hold MOH Source & Announcements
  • Maximum Wait Time in Queue
  • etc.

In the "Network Hold MOH Source & Announcements" you can select your music on hold audio source, and in the "Maximum Wait Time in Queue" that will tell how much time the customer will wait in queue till he'll get disconnected, for example put 900 seconds or more.

In the "Network Hold MOH Source & Announcements" you can select some default standard Cisco MOH that is called: "SampleAudioSource", this is just some simple music that may be suffice in your case, if you want to add something new, so just go to: Media Resources -> MOH Audio File Management, then upload a new file. After that go to: Media Resources -> Music on Hold Audio Source, and create a new one and in it's settings just select the file you uploaded in the previous step.

Of course, now you go back to your Hunt Pilot settings and choose the new MOH source.

Dear Slavik,

Just saw the below link which is comparing to yours, Great reply.

The welcome greeting and wait in queue sample all audio is default built in in 11.5 ???

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/200453-Configure-CUCM-Native-Call-Queuing-Featu.html

thanks

Yes, of course. Why? You don't see it?

Dear salvik,

I am out of office i am just asking i will find them in 11.5 or not but u confirmed to me yes that's great,

Do i have to enable multicasting in the network as shown in the link or without multicase also it will work.

thanks

Hi Adam,

No you don't have to enable any multicast, but you need to verify that there are valid routes between CUCM and end devices, and that there are no Firewall that is blocking RTP from CUCM to the devices. It is because when a caller is going to queue, the MOH is streamed from the MOH resources of the CUCM.

Please rate my answer as helpful and a correct answer, if it did. :)

Best regards,

Slavik Bialik.