cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iLBC codec on CME 7.1

art.tumanik
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone got iLBC codec to work in CME 7.1 using Cisco IP Communicator client?

I think I configured everything correctly (see below). Preferred codec is ilbc, but when I call between CIPC clients or CIPC and 7960 (transcoding) it negotiates g711ulaw. Is there any way to force ILBC in CME?

sccp ccm group 1

bind interface Loopback0

associate ccm 1 priority 1

associate profile 1 register TRANSCODER

!

dspfarm profile 1 transcode

codec g711ulaw

codec g711alaw

codec g729ar8

codec g729abr8

codec ilbc

codec g729r8

maximum sessions 8

associate application SCCP

!

telephony-service

sdspfarm units 4

sdspfarm transcode sessions 8

sdspfarm tag 1 MTP001b8fac3523

conference hardware

em logout 0:0 0:0 0:0

ephone 21

device-security-mode none

mac-address 001E.3786.1234

codec ilbc dspfarm-assist

type CIPC

button 3:22 4:10 5:20

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That may not even supposed to be working with CME:

The iLBC codec is included in the list of low-bandwidth codec. If the Optimize for low bandwidth checkbox is checked, iLBC codec is added to the list of advertised supported codecs.

Note Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express does not support the Optimize for low bandwidth option.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cipc/7_0/english/release/notes/CIPC70_RN.html

Wow, that's a bit confusing. iLBC is all over the CME Admin Guide and is obviously configurable. CIPC also supposedly supports it, but this last Note from Cisco basically says that it is not supported...

CME and CIPC are different products, they may have tested ilbc with physical phones and official support for softphone will come later.