Views
Helpful
Replies

Impossible setup SIP line and 8811 Cisco phone

adodin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Community,

I'm a new French customer of Cisco and I need your help to setup my SIP Line on my new Cisco phone 8811.

I try to setup it with all information i have from my SIP provider:

sip3.ovh.fr (91.121.129.159)

user

password

but I always have a error message on the phone "verify your domain service and internet connection".

I try to factory reset the phone but it's always the same. I open needed port on my internet router. I verify my internet connection and it's good. I try my login information on a soft phone and I call call without any problem.

I don't understand how can i setup the phone. I try to ping the IP adrese on my internet browser I only have a page with "resume information" but not admin login or anything else.

When I bought the Cisco phone I thought that it will be easier to setup for a single line SIP :-(

If someone can help me it will be perfect I'm totally lost :-)

Thanks in advance

MAC address   00CCFC4AEAXX
Host name   SEP00CCFC4AEA78
Domain name    
DHCP server   192.168.1.1
BOOTP server   No
DHCP   Yes
IP address   192.168.1.83
Subnet mask   255.255.255.0
Default router   192.168.1.1
DNS server 1   192.168.1.1
DNS server 2    
DNS server 3    
Alternate TFTP   No
TFTP server 1    
TFTP server 2    
DHCP address released   No
Operational VLAN ID    
Admin VLAN ID    
CUCM server1    
CUCM server2    
CUCM server3    
CUCM server4    
CUCM server5    
Information URL    
Directories URL    
Messages URL    
Services URL    
Idle URL    
Idle URL time   0
Proxy server URL    
Authentication URL    
SW port setup   Auto negotiate
PC port setup   Auto negotiate
PC port disabled   No
User locale   UNASIGNED
Network locale   UNASIGNED
User locale version    
Network locale version    
Speaker enabled   Yes
GARP enabled   Yes
Span to PC port   No
Video capability enabled   No
Voice VLAN enabled   No
PC VLAN    
Auto line select enabled   No
DSCP for call control   CS3
DSCP for configuration   Default
DSCP for services   Default
Security mode   Non secure
Web access enabled   No
SSH access enabled   Yes
CDP: SW Port   Yes
CDP: PC Port   Yes
LLDP-MED: SW Port   Yes
LLDP: PC Port   Yes
LLDP power priority   Unknown
LLDP asset ID    
CTL file   Not installed
ITL file   Not installed
Automatic port synchronization   No
Switch port remote configuration   Disabled
PC port remote configuration   Disabled
IP addressing mode   Both (IPv4 and IPv6)
IP preference mode control   V4
IP preference mode for media   V4
IPv6 auto configuration   Yes
IPv6 duplicate address detection   Yes
IPv6 accept redirect message   No
IPv6 reply multicast echo request   No
IPv6 load server    
IPv6 log server    
IPv6 CAPF server    
DHCPv6   Yes
IPv6 address   ::
IPv6 prefix length   0
IPv6 default router   ::
IPv6 DNS server 1   ::
IPv6 DNS server 2   ::
IPv6 alternate TFTP   No
IPv6 TFTP server 1   ::
IPv6 TFTP server 2   ::
IPv6 address released   No
EnergyWise power level   Full
EnergyWise domain    
DF_BIT
11 Replies 11

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
In order for the phone to work with a non-Cisco CallManager you'll need a few things:
1. SEPmacaddress.cnf.xml file;
2. A Dial Plan file;
3. Software for the phone;
4. DHCP Option 150; and
5. TFTP server

Hi leo,

First, thanks a lot for your (very) quick answer.

To be honest your solution looks like Chinese language for me :-)

the XML file, software for the phone etc... need to be given by my provider ? My provider is OVH I try to called them 2 days ago they only give me some advices to setup my router (open port, fixed ip adresse for the phone etc...) but never speak me about this files etc...

thanks again

Hi Leo,

i create a TFTP server on my computer and I input the Ip adresse of this server inside the setup phone. For the moment my phone is doing a black screen.

i understand now that I need to put some file into this TFTP server. i download on a French website some files (dial plan, SEPmacadress.cnf etc..)

I just need yo put them on the TFTP server ? I download on Cisco website the last update firmware for the phone, I need to put them on the server too ?

Regards

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You bought the wrong device for this purpose, you had to get a 3PCC device

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO8q4XFmEoI

Otherwise, as Leo has stated, you'll need to get all the files that the phone would expect from a Cisco Call Control and then manually modify them to try and get it to work, instead of having a webpage where you can configure all that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi, Thanks a lot for your help. I saw that I can change the « software » of the phone to change from entreprise to 3PCC. It is true of it’s hardware ?  https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8800-series/3pcc/english/release-notes/P881_BK_8761F954_00_8800-series-3pcc-rn-1031.html I try to do some test with the help from Leo I understand a lot of new thing but it’s always doesn’t work. Each time I have an help from Cisco community I discover a new word (3PCC, CUCM...) :-)  Thanks 

There are two choices here: 

1.  Either load Cisco 3PCC firmware into the phone and one can configure the phone using a web browser (as what Java has stated); or 

2.  Use the old method of using the "enterprise" firmware and modify the configuration.  

A known working SEPmaccaddress.cnf.xml file for a 9971 can be found HERE.

NOTE:  If you don't have the confidence to do it, I recommend you find someone who does.

Thanks Leo,

i can use this 9971 firmware for my 8811 phone ? 

as you said I need help :-)

thanks 

Some of the XML tags will need to be modified to suit the model of the phone. But DHCP Option 150 will need to be enabled/configured so the phone knows exactly where to find the configuration file.

Talk to the provider first before making any modifications to the file.  Establish the following first: 

1.  Does the provider support ALG enabled? 

2.  Does the provider support NAT enabled? 

3.  What ports need to be enabled?  

4.  Test the SIP username/password provided.

Remember, small providers very rarely provide support to any problems because they are more concerned about getting your money.

Hi 

I tried this afternoon to « create » the TFTP server to upload document to the phone. I succeed to insert file (on my computer) I setup the IP adress on the Alternate FTP (in the phone) but nothing happened.

i will use some forum and guides to input this XML file in my phone.

thanks a lot for your help :-)

Hi Leo,

you told me the "old" method is to keep my phone as an "entreprise" phone and to change configuration.

Do you know a Cisco help page to do that ? I think I need to install some software to manage my phone (CUCM?)

Regards

@adodin wrote:

you told me the "old" method is to keep my phone as an "entreprise" phone and to change configuration.

Do you know a Cisco help page to do that ? 

There is no Cisco documentation that will instruct people to integrate Cisco phones to non-Cisco call server.  However, there is a large mass of people who've managed successfully integrate Cisco phones to non-Cisco call server.