Views
Helpful
Replies

Incomig dial peers for SIP

Suchi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I need to migrate 6 different number ranges from ISDN to SIP, if i create 6 dial peers for incoming SIP calls form ITSP ,

What are the disadvantageous? 

What is the best practice?

Thanks

Suchi

4 Replies 4

For incoming calls, if they are all from same provider you can have one
dialpeer only with incoming called number .

I already have incoming called-number .T  to  match incoming from UCM cluster, is there any other ,method to mange this situation?

You should better differentiate these two inbound dial-peers; from CUCM and from ITSP. You can make incoming called-number more specific to the inbound dial-peer from ITSP according to your CUCM/DID number range. Take a look at this please for dial-peer mathcing: Inbound Dial Peers Elements and Attributes

Also, you will need have CUBE enabled and configured at your ISR, provided that your connection to the CUCM is SIP or H.323 (SIP preferably).

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

In my opinion, incoming dial-peer matching shouldn’t be done based on calling/called numbers any longer. Current IOS releases have more precise features such as incoming URI matching. My personal preference is to match on the RHS of the Via header.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/voi-inbnd-dp-match-uri.html