Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrating CUPS with CUCM

Hi,

I have installed Cisco Presence Server 7.0. and i have Call manager 8.0 in a LAB environment.

I wonder can i use End users which i created on Call Manager with CUPS for IM and other Presence Features.

OR

is it necessary to have a microsoft network for integrating users through LDAP.

Kindly Advice.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Matt McAuley
Level 1
Level 1

No - LDAP config In presence is only for directory lookup from the CUPC client. You can create users in your local cucm DB and cups will auth against the cucm server DB.

Important - you must run lab or prod cups against a single cucm cluster it cannot connect to both a lab and production. IE Lab cups and lab cucm.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

Hi,

You do not add CUPS server as Subscriber to CUCM Cluster. You have to give ip address of CUCM server as "CUCM Publisher" and also you will have to give AXL username and password for the integration.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Matt McAuley
Level 1
Level 1

No - LDAP config In presence is only for directory lookup from the CUPC client. You can create users in your local cucm DB and cups will auth against the cucm server DB.

Important - you must run lab or prod cups against a single cucm cluster it cannot connect to both a lab and production. IE Lab cups and lab cucm.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks for your reply,

Do you mean, i should add presence to CUCM cluster. During presence installation should i add it to CUCM as a subscriber.

Please advice.

Hi,

You do not add CUPS server as Subscriber to CUCM Cluster. You have to give ip address of CUCM server as "CUCM Publisher" and also you will have to give AXL username and password for the integration.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.