Views
Helpful
Replies

Integration CUCM, CUC, IM&Presence

abdallahm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've recently deployed the CUCM 11.5, intergrated with Cisco Unity Connection 11.5 and IM&Presence 11.5. still in testing phase before i role it out to staff however i'm having some issues with the,

1) Dial plans, (Local 07xx - xxxxxx (10 digits)  and all international calls)

- At the moment i do have dial-peer 15 on the FXO ports and 9.000! dial pattern on CUCM, to call local, i do add country code (254), i do 90002547xxxxxxxx) and international same 9000xxxxxxxxxxxx 

2) Jabber (the IM&presence service and Voicemail service are worked well. on phones)

- jabber connection to phones (Call services not connecting) 

- can not get directory same as on phones 

- can not get quick instant chat area.

- need to use Jabber on Mobile Network.

3) need To enable some stuffs get the call to their mobiles phone. maybe through jabber or forward to the PSTN number.

4) need plan to integrate with Skype with business  

Kindly help me for this issue.

Thanks in advance

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What guides are you following for all this and what troubleshooting has been done so far?

What has been configured?

Have you already deployed MRA?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for your quick response,

honestly, its my first deployment.

Followed some youtube video from: Go CodeGuruwmx99 and Cisco Support Community mostly.

Not deployed MRA!!

You need to go through the Cisco documentation in first place, if you have not, you need to review the IM&P documentation about the integration and the Jabber documentation. Same for CUC if it's nor working, the integrations are discussed in the documentation.

- jabber connection to phones (Call services not connecting)

You need to have the devices created, and all the user/device/line association in place, as well as all the service profile, UC services, etc.

- can not get directory same as on phones

Jabber does not use UDS by default, that has to be configured, default is LDAP

- can not get quick instant chat area.

No idea what you mean here

- need to use Jabber on Mobile Network.

MRA

need To enable some stuffs get the call to their mobiles phone. maybe through jabber or forward to the PSTN number.

No idea what you mean by "stuffs"

need plan to integrate with Skype with business  

You need 11.5(1)SU2, the federation guide covers this.

I'd strongly suggest you reach to a Cisco UC specialized partner, or reach out to a consultant for assistance if you have not done any of this before.

HTH

java

Hello Valencia,

i did go through the cisco documentations (CUCM , CUC and IM&P) -11.5 and review the integrations... all is working fine(calls,voicemail&jabber). users/devices(phone&jabber)/ service profile/ UC services/SIP trunk (voicemail&jabber)/H.323 gateway (4FXOs) connected.

1) i can login to windows jabber (automatic), seems working fine. while connecting to jabber android (1st test)  i get ....Call services not connecting.... what would be the issue?? i have attached screenshots.

2) i have Microsoft LDAP set on CUCM synchronizing seems ok.... though, on jabber can not find user directory.

3) I'd like to set the phone so that, if I don't answer after X rings it forwards to my cell phone, and then if I don't answer there it drops back to my work voicemail.

Note that I DO want my desk phone to ring first, not just forward to cell without ever ringing my desk. 

If u may assist.

Thanks In advance,

1) Have you created the BOT devices so that you can use Android devices (or any other Jabber flavor you might use)?

2) Have you configured the directory integration as per the documentation??

3) No way to do that, best you can do is SNR and have them both ring at the same time. If you forward the call to an external destination, there is no way to get the call back, you lose all control of it.

HTH

java

1) i guess not. the phone type created is Cisco Unified Client Services Framework, i believe this is for  Jabber for Desktop - CSF

IP Phones and CSF share extension numbers

so should have as below for each device:

CSF - Jabber for Desktop

TCT - Jabber for iPhone

TAB - Jabber for iPab

BOT - Jabber for Android.

for BOT setup?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-version-85/113471-jabber-android-00.html 

Correct, this is not a one size fits all configuration (CSF only works for Windows and Mac), so, depending on what clients they want to use voice with, you'll need to configure the relevant device(s) for each user.

HTH

java