Views
Helpful
Replies

intercept/message (greeting) on extension

Eric Fuhrmann
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Hoping someone here can answer this, I have not been able to find a way to do this seemingly simple task.

All I need is for a recorded message to be played before an extension rings.

It would be used for extensions that have call recording enabled and we need to play a message before the extension rings saying 'this phone call will be recorded for security purposes, if you do not want this please hang-up now'.

I have not been able to find out how to do this without tieing up a second DN and using Unity system call handler. We do not want to use 2 extensions because if we use a DID number then callers could bypass this message and if we use an internal-only number then call costs get attributed to the first DN in our range which means the costs can't be recovered.

I come from using Nortel which could do this rather easily by creating an IDC entry in LD49 which sent the call to callpilot to play the message and then transfer the caller back to the original extension (This only affected external callers though but that is all we are looking to do).

Can anyone help with this?                  

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It seems easy but its not, you forcefully need to route the calls via CUC or UCCX for that to happen. And it would involve configuration for each DN in CUC.
You may also want to explore TCL scripting to do that so you dont involve CUC

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

So there is no way to do this without having to use a second DN?