cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

internal caller ID displaying the wrong EXT.

I have verified the caller ID on the line but I can't seem to locate the field that is displaying the wrong number. I'm on CUCM 12.5 and the Phone model is 8865. no side cars. there are secondary line appearances. I have verified that all other line appearances of the line in question are showing the wrong number. I show for example C Welhoff should show this C Welhoff on the screen of the Phone                                                                                                 4279                                   4998

12 Replies 12

Please share screenshots of your setup of your directory number(s) and outline as clearly as you can what you expect it to display.

Response Signature

please let me know if this is what your looking for.

Also the TXT is correctly showing as C Welhoff but the number is showing as 4279 but should be showing 4998. also in call logs on my phone if you select the call it dials 4279 not 4998 as it should.

line config.jpg

That is only a small part of the directory number configuration. Please scroll up to the top of the page and take a screenshot of that part.

Response Signature

the following screen capture are the full line config for the main line on the phone in question.

Thank you! Now that we’ve established that the directory number configuration is correct we can conclude that there is something in your system that alters the calling number for this calls made by this DN. Next thing to check would be to use DNA, Dialed Number Analyser, and share the result from it when you replicate the same call scenario. Hopefully this will reveal where the alterations of the calling number takes place, if it doesn’t we’ll just need to keep digging.

Response Signature

I have attached two files on going from number in question "4998" to my number "4383" and the reverse as well. me looking at the logs don't see anything where the numbers is changed or have i ran the wrong report?

Please share screenshots, ie pictures, not a copy/paste of the marked web page.

Response Signature

please review as I had edited my last post when i noticed the info didn't carry over.

bmcb555
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Could you just confirm for me, that there are 4 phones configured on that DN, have you modified the line information underneath all of them and configured it to 4998? It's per device.

If you've confirmed that and the phones are still displaying the wrong number, log into the CLI of the publisher and issue 

utils system status

utils dbreplication runtimestate

If you're making changes on the line appearance and it's not showing on the phone after a reset there is a possibility your DB are out of sync

Kind Regards

each device is configured as it's own number. there are secondary line appearances. I have checked all appearances of the line 4998 and they all seem to be correctly configured. Am I missing something?

One of your screenshots shows that the directory number is setup as a shared line on four devices. These are not setup as their own individual numbers. I don’t think that we will come any further with this in the community. I’d recommend you to reach out to TAC for their assistance on this.

Response Signature

thanks for the help