Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator

asingh005
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have one doubt my scenario is that i have a Cucm installed in my laptop in VMware and 2 ip phones are connected to it 

where both ip phones are connected to my ASA 5505 POE port , My ASA is my default gateway .DHCP is also configured in ASA giving TFTP address as that of CUCM 
Now my question is that what if I want to connect an IP communicator which is installed in a laptop and who is in different network with my CUCM 

do i have to make a dial peer ? voice gateway or what ?

Please help as i'm still learning 

Any advice will be great and appreciated

Regards
Aateek Singh

3 Replies 3

Hi.

In the same manner of IP Phones, IP COMMUNICATOR only needs to reach the CUCM IP address.

Also remember that ASA should allow all needed traffic between IP Phones/Communicator and CUCM (SCCP SIP RTP and so forth)

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Thank you Carlo 

So is that mean that if my network is in 10.1.1.0 and i want to communicate with ip communicator who is in different network and location let say 20.1.1.0 with my ASA (default gateway)
then what else i have to do ? so that ip communicator gets the path to my gateway and will get the tftp address of my CUCM ?

Please guide as i'm still learning

Aateek Singh

If both VLANs are considered INSIDE networks on your ASA you should not need to do anything as traffic will be allowed by default.  If one is considered INSIDE and another one is OUTSIDE/DMZ then you need to modify your firewall rules to allow the traffic on desired ports, i.e. TFTP, SCCP/SIP, HTTP, etc.