Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone keep disconnected.

faisal-rauf
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Expert,

I experinacing this problem with IP Phone that keep rebooting and disconnected. I checked the logs from cisco switch that connect to IP Phone as per below.

.May 20 15:13:33 MY: %SWITCH_QOS_TB-5-TRUST_DEVICE_DETECTED: cisco-phone detected on port Fa6/20, port's configured trust state is now operational.

.May 20 18:11:05 MY: %SWITCH_QOS_TB-5-TRUST_DEVICE_LOST: cisco-phone no longer detected on port Fa6/20, operational port trust state is now untrusted.

.May 20 18:11:53 MY: %SWITCH_QOS_TB-5-TRUST_DEVICE_DETECTED: cisco-phone detected on port Fa6/20, port's configured trust state is now operational.

.May 20 18:43:20 MY: %SWITCH_QOS_TB-5-TRUST_DEVICE_LOST: cisco-phone no longer detected on port Fa6/20, operational port trust state is now untrusted.

.May 20 18:44:08 MY: %SWITCH_QOS_TB-5-TRUST_DEVICE_DETECTED: cisco-phone detected on port Fa6/20, port's configured trust state is now operational.

Need to know whether this issue related to connectivity issue or ios/firmware issue.

Regards,

Faisal.

1 Reply 1

Faisal,

If this is the only phone/port having this issue it's more likely to NOT be related to IOS/FW - but can be a hardware issue on the phone or switch, or an issue somewhere with your cabling.

Is it possible to swap the phone with another phone (so to another port), or to another patch via your MDF ?

It's might also help to provide which switch you're using and which IOS release you're running.

Gert