cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone keeps ringing forever after incoming call on FXO Port, MGCP

sharafqudimi
Level 1
Level 1

I am practicing the MGCP config and i have a problem with calls inbound from the PSTN to the FXO Port (0/0/0) on my router (Cisco 2821), when a call is made to my FXO Port from the PSTN the call is directed to the Attendant DN that i configured under the FXO Endpoint I setup in the CUCM 10.0 and the Attendant DN is 203 that points to an IP Phone on my network (all IP Phones are in the range 1xxx), the call eventually goes fine and my IP Phone on extension 203 rings but I have two major problems:

a) I'm calling from my mobile (on the PSTN) to the FXO port and after it rings once for me on my mobile phone the line gets connected and i can hear a dial tone for 10 secs exactly (similar to a dial tone when you pick up a phone to dial a number) and my cell minutes are already being used and then after exactly 10 secs i can hear the ringing of the remote phone on my mobile phone and can also see the ip phone start ringing as well.

b) now as a continuation to the problem (a), once my ip phone starts ringing and if i happen to hang up my mobile phone, the ip phone keeps ringing forever...

I've pasted the config of my router below:

Any help will be much appreciated (Note: I added the tone ringback alert-no-PI under the FXO Port 0/0/0 as i read an article somewhere that it would solve the "forever ringing" problem)

0 Replies 0