Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone - Use my computer for calls

je.ramirez
Level 1
Level 1

Team:

From IP Phone desktop device, to get outside line we type a # sign, and the 123-4567 for inside numbers or 214-123-4567 for outside numbers.

From Cisco Jabber,  "Use my computer for calls", we can type 123-4567 for inside numbers and get connected ( no # sign)

But, 214-123-4567, we get the voice message that this call can't be completed as dialed.

I have tried #, 9, 8 before the 10 digit number and can't get an outside line/connection.

Any help would be appreciated.

jer

4 Replies 4

Hi Jer

Did you check calling search space configuration for line associated to CSF device on CUCM?

Please also mention your CUCM version

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Carlo:

Thank you for your reply. I am not the Admin, but I will pass along your suggestion.

I can answer calls to my IP Phone with, "Use my computer for calls", as the setting. That works fine.

Hi Jer.

That indicates that you CSF client is correctly configured on CUCM and it's correctly working on your PC.

It also indicates that your line is correctly added to a reachable partition from other directory numbers and/or gateways.

Let me know what your IT staff will answer you and if you need further suggestions.

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Carlo:

Additional information.

The "use my computer for calls" feature does not work when logged into corporate AD account.

But, when I VPN without logging into AD this feature works. However; without access to corporate GDL.

Regards,

jer