cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone will not connect to home router for setup, please help!

Yellowkid10
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
I just purchased an off-lease 7960 IP Phone and I'm having difficulty setting up the phone on my home network.

The IP address, the Subnet, the Gateway are all verified and the device shows up on the server, but I don't know where to go from here.

The phone continues to stream "Configuring CM List"; "Opening IP"; "Configuring IP" but then it says "TFTP Retry" (followed by the s/n)

Could someone guide me through the steps to set the phone up, this is a new process for me and being an off-lease device the warranty expired 1 month ago so Tech Support won't help me.

Thank You

Craig

1 Reply 1

tobin hawkshaw
Level 1
Level 1

can you clarify "device shows up on the server", what server is it and how does it show up

your phone is trying to retrieve a config file from either CME or CUCM, this config file contains, among other things, the line/extension number for the phone.

If the device is configured on the server, and you have setup the network so that the device can reach this server then you are on the right track, we just need to find out why its not able to do this.

Can you also mention if you are expecting this phone to use sccp, sip or either.