Views
Helpful
Replies

ip phones can't register with cucm8.0.3

soaliou123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I am coming from cme world and I am diving now in cucm. I am used to define every thing in cme router but with cucm every thing happens inside of cucm.

So I am trying to understand and master the concept of cucm. I got everything set up and I can ping cucm ip address from my voice gateway but

I can't web to it. I am using MGCP protocol between them. Also my ip phones are not registering neither. I have attached my config for review.

Am I missing something in my config both router and switch.

Anyone has an idea?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

First of all fix your access to the CUCM. Make sure you are using correct URL(https://x.x.x.x/ccmadmin) - replace x by ip address of CUCM. If its correct from console or SSH make sure Tomcat service is started.

Once your access to CUCM is fixed and you are able to access CUCM, navigate to CUCM Serviceability page >tools>service activation> start  all of the services.

Configure phones in the CUCM.

Once finished with CUCM go to your switch, Under the DHCP scope (whereever you have defined, I dint see in the attached)  add option 150 pointing to CUCM. All your ports are in VLAN1 and mode dynamic desirable. Best thing is to have a separate VLAN for voice traffic and data and configure phone ports appropriately in access mode and assigning voice vlan, but assuming its your lab - you should be fine.

Terry