cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible phone users can use pin code when calling NDD/IDD numbers as substitute to FAC during SRST mode?

giodias01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

One of our client is asking if there is possibility that we can use Pin code during SRST mode.I think FAC only use for CUCM only, please correct me if I'm wrong. They used Cisco 3925 with IOS version 15.4M1.

Thanks,

Gritzen

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you mean the FAC that is in CME, you'd probably need to use CME-as-SRST in order to use it, not just SRST. And you would need to manually configure the users and codes in that scenario.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Thank you for the quick response. Our client used their Voice Gateway 3925 as SRST. Did you mean that they cannot use FAC during SRST mode? How can I determine if it is configured as SRST only or CME-as-SRST?

Thank you

Amit Sharawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can use FAC if you are using CME SRST as per the document:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeadm/cmefac.html#pgfId-1011683

However, if you are call-manager-fallback mode, we wont be able to configure it.

~Amit

Hi Amit,

This means that we cannot use FAC pin code if it is plane Voice Gateway only as SRST not CME SRST.

Thank you

Hi,

Yes, the call-manager-fallback SRST has very limited functionality, however the CME SRST is full fledged SRST with almost all the CME features.

~Amit