cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Isolate an external Phone line for use at one campus. CUCM4.2

pavloviandog
Level 1
Level 1

I have two locations connected via point-to-point wireless link, the Main office has the CUCM ver4.2 with 8 phone lines. The second facility is a charter school. Many customers and parents complain when they call the school number it is always busy. What I have discovered is when a user from the main office makes a call they grab the line for the school.

Is there a way to isolate that phone number so only the school will use it, or maybe make it lower on the list of lines chosen?

I am not very familiar with the Callmanager and telephony but I am over all of it

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

yes..for the main office phones...the route patterns that route these calls point to a route group / route list...from the route group exclude the pots line you want to isolate...now create a route list , route group and a set of route patterns for the isolated line...(also need a CSS , partition etc...and make that CSS be available to the phone at charter school....and calls coming into the router will now go to the charter school phone always....there are some things like inbound CSS on the gateway that need to be correctly set...but i hope the logic is clear...

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

View solution in original post

if you look again you ll see there are available ports and selected ports...from the available ports..just select the port you want to isolate...in the new route group you are adding...

changing the algorithm is still not going to solve your problem as at some point the trunk 1/1/4 will be selected..so you have to exclude that port from the existing route group and add it to the new route group you created...and then only have the charter school phone have access to it..

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

yes..for the main office phones...the route patterns that route these calls point to a route group / route list...from the route group exclude the pots line you want to isolate...now create a route list , route group and a set of route patterns for the isolated line...(also need a CSS , partition etc...and make that CSS be available to the phone at charter school....and calls coming into the router will now go to the charter school phone always....there are some things like inbound CSS on the gateway that need to be correctly set...but i hope the logic is clear...

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Thanks for your response, I am begining to see how this works.

However when I go to add a new route group the option to add Route Group Member Devices it will only allow all ports.

But I did notice the algorithym is set to circular, If I were to change it to top down will it select the first port (Voice-Port 1/0/0) or the next available port because the phone line for the school is on Voice Port 1/1/4 ?

if you look again you ll see there are available ports and selected ports...from the available ports..just select the port you want to isolate...in the new route group you are adding...

changing the algorithm is still not going to solve your problem as at some point the trunk 1/1/4 will be selected..so you have to exclude that port from the existing route group and add it to the new route group you created...and then only have the charter school phone have access to it..

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

You are dead on right. Thank you so much.

i m glad that helped Chris. and thanks for the ratings...

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW