cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

issues transferring calls on ip 7965?

NoaLevin70554
Level 1
Level 1
hi! i apologize in advance if this is the wrong place for this question - i swear i've looked all over the internet and haven't found a solution.
i have a cisco 7965 phone and am struggling to make an attended transfer. basically, when one person calls me, i want to be able to put them on hold, call another person and speak to them, then connect the calls to all be in a 3-way call, and then i want to exit the call and ensure that the other two parties are able to remain on the line. for some reason, this isn't possible thru the transfer function. As soon as i connect the two callers, i am "kicked out" of the conversation.
any help is appreciated!
5 Replies 5

Hari Prasad
Level 1
Level 1

Hello NoaLevin,

Are you trying to transfer the External incoming call to external PSTN number.

If this is the condition you need to verify the Service parameter.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_5_2/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_C3A84B33_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_1052/CUCM_BK_C3A84B33_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_chapter_0100010.html

Please rate helpful posts
Thanks, Hari Prasad

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well, there is absolutely no problem here, that is exactly how transfer is supposed to work.

You're never in a 3 way call in a transfer, if that's what you want, then you need to use the conference feature, not transfer.

And I'm assuming you're using Cisco call control as you don't mention any details, aside from the phone model which most of the time makes no difference.

You always need to mention what you're working with, and not just the problem or what you want to achieve when posting.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hey @Jaime Valencia, thanks for your response.

With analog phones, it's possible to be in a 3-way call in a transfer using the flash feature. This is the condition I need to recreate on the cisco voip phones.

The conference feature isn't working for me because when I initiate a 3-way call and hang up, it ends the call for all parties involved. I want to be able to exit a 3-way call and ensure that the call will continue for the other 2 parties.

Please let me know if I should provide more details. I am a beginner to IP telephony and wasn't aware of that.

thanks!

Yes, you always need to mention the call control agent you use, and version.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

3DIT
Level 1
Level 1

@Jaime Valencia   I Have using call manager version 10.5 and facing issue with registration transcoder 

in Show SCCP transcoding open state Active in progress  and Cause code: Keepalive failed and TCP link :status not connected