Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for windows Cloud-hybrid-deployment

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Guys,

Trying to figure out how jabber for windows registers with CUCM on the hyrbid-solution. The client downloads CUCM TFTP details from the cloud..That bit is clear..However how does it register to CUCM. Reason I ask is that in the cloud deployment, you login using userid@domain.com, eg deji.okanlawon@local.com. However in CUCM I only have a userid of deji.okanlawon...Since the jabber CSF device is asscoiated with a userid...In the Cloud deployment, my user id is my email.

Second question is is there a way to see the CUCM details pushed to the client by the Webex messenger?

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"       

Please rate all useful posts
1 Reply 1

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When you pull down info for Jabber from the cloud, you can specifiy your login information at the client.  The login and CUCM are not connected in anyway shape or form.  However, if you had SSO enabled where CUCM and Cloud were sharing authentication, then you may be able to make this work.    For example, I have a customer with onprem CUCM and Jabber in the cloud.  In the admin control for Messenger (Jabber cloud) I can specify the TFTP server and other settings for CUCM, Unity, etc.   However, the end user still needs to click on File/Options/Phone Accounts and enter in their user credentials.