cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber with Outlook

richard.mogford
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to import Outlook contacts (from Officer 2016 for the Mac) into Jabber for the Mac?

Richard

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AFAIK MS doesn't publish any of the APIs that are used for that purpose on MAC, they only do that for Windows.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

In your MAC try to add contact source as outlook account. This will sync down the contacts from outlook to MAC. Then you will be able to call them from Jabber.

Thanks.  Could you provide a few more details?  For example, I don't see a way to import contacts into Jabber.  There is no "Import" command.

You don't import them to Jabber. Once you sync your MAC contacts with outlook, jabber will automatically read them. During Jabber installation on MAC, you will be requested to grant access for Jabber to your MAC contacts. Once this link is created, jabber will be able to read you MAC contacts,

I have been working on this for the past 20 minutes and searching for how to sync contacts from Outlook 2016 for Mac into Contacts (the Apple program).  How is this done?

I am not in front of my laptop now. But if I remember correctly open mac contacts,  on the top bar select contacts , you should see add source, from their you can select exchange and point to outlook account.