Views
Helpful
Replies

Latency when Picking Up a Call From Another Site

Caballero1uno
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

There's latency when a call comes in from another site (two separate Call Managers -both autonomous - same company, domain, different sites/subnets but they do no seem to be directly connected - it's a software trunk via an MPLS).

When we call to them, I can hear them and vice versa just fine but the call my location, there's a one to two second delay until the person calling can hear me. Someone else was taking care of the issue and have come up with "network issue" rather than the phone systems themselves and that the the voice quality relyies on the network.

There is no packet loss, however the variance in arrival of voice packets is visible.

Analysys of the RTP stream shows in the direction of just one to the other:

Max jitter = 7.26 ms. Mean jitter = 0.89 ms.

Also, can the software Varify assist for packet capture and further study of logs and hopefully pinpoint of the issue?

Maybe to double check if the delay is because signaling is not received on time, however this points to a delay in just the RTP traffic in
one direction.

Any points what it could be on the network, certainly appreciated.

Best Regards.

TIA

1 Reply 1

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

I am not expert in MPLS stuff, But ASFA I know MPLS does not gureentee same path for both way communication. Packets may take another path from your other site to you site. And that path may have jitter and delay which is causing this issue.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Please rate helpful posts.

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.