cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Losing the CUCM

pharden
Level 1
Level 1

We have on several occasions lost power or network connectivity to a Gateway. Once power/network is restored, We did not reconnect with CUCM. We have to go into the gateway and type “no MGCP”, then MGCP.  At that point connections are complete. We have had this thru several different IOS Codes and ever since Call Manager 3.1.  We are now up to CUCM 8.6.  Any suggestions?

CSCtf46011 does not apply. As the Gzteway is Down, untill the No MGCP ...MGCP command is given.

7 Replies 7

Sreekanth Narayanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Pharden,

Do you mean that the gateway is in the Unregistered state even after the power comes back?

What is the gateway model and IOS version that you are using?

I'd suggest taking a look at CSCtf46011.

Hantale

Sree

Yes, the voice gateway is down. Until you telnet in and do a No Mgcp.. then an MGCP

Please upgrade to 15.1(4)M8. This has the fix. What's the model of the gateway?

Gateways mostly 2921 and 2821. some 3845. We are using advance enterprise 12.4.20.YAB, which was recommended by TAC. but did not help.

15.1(4)M8 you say.... I will give it a try.

Thanks

PHillip

dennis.pelea
Level 1
Level 1

I think its a bug,

please find the link below along with the suggested resolution

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCtf46011

Hope this help.

please rate,

thanks

Dennis

Yes, i reviewed this BUG. Except the gateway Voice is down Hard.  Untill you telenet in and perform the "No MGCP"  .. Then MGCP

Thanks

jasonlnielsen
Level 4
Level 4

That is one of the issues that I have experienced with MGCP. I would suggest moving to H.323 or SIP if possible. Then you will not have to deal with MGCP problems like this.

Just my thoughts.

Please rate if this helps.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: