Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Max. Calls/Busy Trigger Conference Phone

Hello,

We have a courtroom that uses a 7937 conference phone and have it set to use 6 Max. Calls and 6 for Busy Trigger (max. values).  The conference phone has a shared line with 7962 model phones that are set to 20 Max. Calls and 20 Busy Trigger that staff answer in the office. 

The office staff will take a large number of calls and put them on hold, but the conference phone can only see 6 of those calls.

The staff want the following situation:

If the office phones have 7 calls on hold for example, the conference phone will have 6 of those 7.  But when the conference phone hangs up on one call, they want that 7th call to show up on hold on the 7937.  I don't know if this can even be done.  In my opinion CUCM is working properly.  The 7937 won't see the 7th call because it has reached its busy trigger of 6.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

CUCM is version 9.1.2

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're correct, the documentation explains that for a shared line, the maximum number of calls and busy trigger, can be set independently, and in your scenario, the 7937 will never see any calls that arrive to that DN, beyond the 6 calls it can handle. Only the 7962 will see calls 7 thru 20.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you very much for your reply and confirmation Jaime, I appreciate it. 

Jaime, would you have any suggestions to get around this?

By the way, I've seen some of your youtube videos on upgrading CUCM to v11, one was via PCD, I thought they were excellent! 

There is really no way around this, if the 7937 had 6 calls, and the 7th call arrives, that one will only be extended to the 7942. If the 7937 releases a call, it will be available only for a new call, calls that are in the 7942 will not just failover to the available call slot in the 7937.

If they want more calls, they need to increase the maximum number of calls and busy trigger in the 7937.

Thanks, I'm glad you liked the video.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate