Views
Helpful
Replies

Maximum Devices associated to application user

Flexcom99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using CUCM 7.1.5 and with have some issue with some Devices associated with 1 Application User.

We have more than 15000 phones associated with that App User. The problem is that it seems, we are not able to control some devices even if thoses phones appears in the list.

The only way we found to take control of thoses devices is to unassociate from the app user, save, reassociate and save again.

Then we can control the phone.

This is why I'm wondering if the CUCM only allow the first 10k phones for instance (even if it still allow to add more devices associated) and then doesn't really control the remaining phones.

Any idea on such limit ?

Thanks

Rregards

Fabian

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not aware of any limitations of how many phones can be controlled, but it would be more than 10K.  I have seen similar issues where phones would need to be re-associated for no apparant reason.  This would definitely be a defect.  Have you tried opening TAC case for this?

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

On which version of CUCM did you see this issue ?

A TAC case has been opened, we are waiting for Cisco feedback on it.

Regards

Fabian

I have not seen this in a while, it was definitely older versions.

One thing to check is DB replication between servers to ensure all Subs are aware of the association.

Chris

Yes thanks for the tip, I already checked that.

Btw, we made an axl query to retrieve all the associated devices for this AppUser, and the result is OK (All the phones are associated).

I'll keep u updated about this.

Thanks

Fabian

Any chance the controlling app may be at fault?

Yes of course. That's why we try to determine where the issue occurs first.

And the fact that disassociating and then reassociating the device does the trick make me thing for a Cisco issue first.

But it's quite hard to analyse...

So when this error occurs on a phone you're trying to control, if you do this

http://IP-ADDRESS-OF-PHONE/CGI/Screenshot

you should get an authentication login where you would input the App User ID and PW.  Does that work or do you have to "unassociate from the app user, save, reassociate and save again" for that test to work?

I'll try that and let you know.

Thanks

Fabian

I've seen occations when the CTI Manager service does not fully update based on the associated device list, usually a restart of the relevant CTI Manager should fix this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: