Jacob Berger
Level 2
Level 2

am checking 3 different phones

3905 SIP

all are configured with Maximum Number of Calls = 2

am getting different behavior when holding a call and placing a new call

7965 works ok

6945 when press "start call" i get a message on LCD that have reached multiple calls (configuring Maximum Number of Calls = 3 fixes this)

3905 no choice to "start call"

what interesting is that call transfer always works (is it different then holding and starting a new call?)

why doews the 6945 need Maximum Number of Calls = 3 to do the what 7965 does with Maximum Number of Calls = 2.

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jacob,

I'm guessing it has to do with this config/restriction that exists on the 6945 but

not on the 7965;

Outbound Call Rollover

When a single line reaches maximum calls minus one, the outgoing call automatically rolls over to the next available line.

So if the max calls = 2 then the "new call" while a call is on hold would trigger this behavior but max

calls = 3 would not.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/6921_6941_6961/8_6/english/user_guide/callfeat.html#wp1022166

Cheers!

Rob

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night" - Springsteen

and why does the 3905 not have an option to start a new call when on hold (i use workaround press transfer and starta new call without pressing transfer again)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: