Views
Helpful
Replies

Meet-Me for password

huntlee
Level 1
Level 1

To all NetPro gurus,

With CUCM 8.0, is there any way I can set an individual password for each 'Meet-Me' conference??

I have read other posts at NetPro and I kept on coming across where ppl suggest to use Unity Connection as a Meet-Me Conference server.

It mentions to have both the 'System Call Handler' and the 'Meet-Me' conference on the same DN on different partitions.

Meet-Me Conference - MeetMe Partition

Unity Voicemail ports - Have a CSS that can access the MeetMe partition

However, it doesn't mention how the user can dial to the Unity's System Call Handler?? Do i need to create a dummy DN and then use Call Forward All into Unity?? Or how can the IP Phones get to the System Call Handler in the first place??

I have spent ages on this but not able to get anywhere.  Would be greatly appreciated if someone can shed some light on this.

Cheers,

Hunt

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Short answer, no.

Simplest way to get users into Unity is to have them dial a CTI RP with CFA to VM.

If you already have an AA they dial and you have CUC they can dial the meet-me DN as long as the restriction tables in CUC allow it.

Make sure you enable this:

Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers—

Check this check box to allow callers to transfer to extensions that are not assigned to other users or call handlers. Connection attempts a release transfer as long as the number entered by the caller is allowed by the Default System Transfer restriction table.

System call handler is required if you have Unity

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate