Views
Helpful
Replies

Microphone doesnt work on IP Communicator

ahmadjun2769
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have installed Cisco IP Communicator 8.6.1.0 on my Laptop DELL Latitude E6320. Everything is working except the microphone. When I went to the Audio Tuning Wizard, I couldn't perform the microphone test. There was no respone on color bar whenever I make a noise. Then there is a pop-up message said: Could not monitor microphone. Please check the following: (1) A call is in progress (2) Another application is using the microphone (3) Microphone is muted.

I have made sure that there is no application which is using the microphone running. Also I made sure that the Microphone is not muted.

I have also tested the microphone on the control panel and it's working.

Can someone help on this issue?

Thanks

Jundan;

12 Replies 12

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

What kind of Microphone you are using.

regards

Ronak Patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hi Ronak,

I had tried to use the built microphone and also Samsung earphone (3.5 mm jack). Both were working when I tested other than IP Communicator such as Microsoft Office Communicator and Skype.

Thanks

Jundan;

HI

Do you have any USB microphone set which you can use and test.

Regards

Ronak Patel

HI

Also please try the audio tuning after running CIPC in administrator mode.

right-click CIPC icon on Desktop and select Run As Administrator

Regards

Ronak Patel

Please rate helpful posts.

Hi,

I just purchased Plantronics Voyager Pro UC but until now I cannot use it. I am using Windows 7 and it seems Cisco IP Communicator could not detect voyager. I went to the Audio Tuning Wizard but there is only Default Windows Audio Device on the selection for Headset, Speakerphone, and Handset. But I found BUA-200 on Ringer selection. I have paired the USB indicated by blue light.

When I opened the Sounds configuration from the control panel, under Playback tab there is Speakers BUA-200 as default device. And under Recording tab, there is Microphone BUA-200 also as default device. But still, when I went to Audio Tuning Wizard, there is only Default Windows Audio Device on the Headset selection.

Thanks

Jundan;

I have exactly the same problem.. Any solution at the tiime.

Thanks

Is there any other solution determined other than modifying registry?  I use CIPC version 8.6.3.0 and have this issue. IP communicator doesn't  recognize my microphone. I'm using laptop Dell Latitude E6410.

Thanks a lot for any help!

Sreten V.

nickzapata
Level 1
Level 1

I am having this same problem as well.  Anyone have this working yet?

Thanks

I had the same issue with Win7 and IP comminucator 7.5. I was able to fix the issue. I went into the registries (by running regedit) and found and deleted the Cisco IP Communicator folder. Then, I ran the Audio Tuning again with the Plantronics headset plugged in to the computer. When completed, I was able to place and receive calls without any issues.

For the benefit of those looking, the specific folder (that I think) Bob is referring to can be found inside the HKCU registry hive, under Software/Cisco Systems, Inc/Communicator. (Windows 7)

By all means please make a full backup of your registry before attempting this hack, as an "oops" here can very easily brick your laptop

jacob.vorwald1
Level 1
Level 1

My Issue isn't on a Dell though. It's on a HP EliteBook 8570p. It's working with IP Communicator 8.6.3.3

I use the same USB headset at work and remote. The difference is when I'm remoted into work. It's like I have no mic.

My Desktop support thinks it might be because of Microsoft 365, because it worked before they installed it. Which doesn't add up for me.

dugward
Level 1
Level 1

This has happened to me, after installing as an Administrator you have to open it up the first time as an administrator and put your settings in.  Then you should be able to shut it down through task manager then just open up regular and should work.