Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration from CUCM 5.1 to Business Edition 6000 - 9.0

nikger1980
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings to the community

I want to ask something, i have a task, to upgrade form a cluster of CUCM 5.1 's to one single Business Edition 6000 running 9.0

The questions are :

1) I know that there is no direct path to 9.X, so i will :

Upgrade 5.1 to 6.1

Upgrade 6.1 to 9

DRS Backup

Install BE6000

Restore

Licensing

is that correct or not ?

2) I am going from a cluster system of 2 servers to 1 server. Is this going to create any problems to my new installation ?

Because all services are not activated now to the publisher and they are to the subscriber..

3) I am going to use the PUBLISHER's hostname/ip to the Business Edition installation ?    

Thats for start...

Thanks a lot for any help.

Nick     

1 Reply 1

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Nick

One immediate thing you will need to check is that your current hardware will support CUCM 9.x? As you're running 5.1 at the moment by definition your servers are old, and it is unlikely you'll be able v9.x on them. I keep a spare MCS 7828 lying around for this kind of thing.

Other than that your process looks ok.

In terms of your 2 cluster to 1 cluster, do the DRS restore onto your new Pub, and then delete the Subscriber definition. This should clear the DB of all of the old defs of the Sub.

You will have to build your BE CUCM installation using exactly the same host name / IP address for the DRS restore to work.

HTH

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions