cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Minor upgrades and the contents of the TFTP directory?

alalli
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

I am getting ready to upgrade from 9.1.1 version of CUCM to the 9.1.2 version.

It also happens that people are asking for custom telephone background images.

I am wondering if I go ahead and place the .png files in the tftp directory of CUCM and then do the upgrade.

Would I lose my background images and need to upload them again?

I suppose my question is whether or not I lose the contents of the tftp directory with the upgrade?

any help is most appreciated.

Thanks very much

Regards

Amanda

2 Replies 2

Stephen Welsh
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Amanda,

I believe the the TFTP files are copied from one partition to the other during the upgrade procedure (I'm sure other can confirm for sure), so you should be fine. Obviously you will have a back-up, so worst case scenario you can restore the back-up to a temporary machine (i.e a virual machine) and pull down the files if thatis not the case.

Also,

I recommend you have a look at PhoneView from UnifiedFX, it's perfect for CUCM upgrades. One relevant feature is the ability to see all the phones in your cluster(s) to confirm the background images in use, as well as pushing background out in bulk.

You can download the free version to test it out:

http://www.unifiedfx.com

Kind Regards.

Stephen

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No , You wont loose any background images after an Upgrade nor the contents of TFTP directory. The worst that could happen is Phones might boot up with defualt images and users might have to select the Customized Image again from the phone menu.(but this possibility is very very rare)

Tapan