cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MoH via CUCM (multicast)

spencermoore
Level 1
Level 1

I'm attempting to configure my 2900 series router (voice gateway) to "tune into" my MoH multicast stream generated by the CUCM server. When callers are placed on hold they hear nothing but silence. When testing I am able to see results in the "show ccm-manager music-on-hold" output, but don't get any additional info from debug commands. Internal calls MoH are working without issue. Topology is as follows: Gateway (2900) --> Switch (L2) --> CUCM. What I've done thus far:

* Verified CUCM configuration (confirmed by Cisco TAC)

*Enabled multicast routing on gateway.

*Enabled multicast and igmp snooping on switch between CUCM and Gateway

*Enabled "ip pim sparse-mode" on interface facing CUCM on Gateway

*Issues "ip igmp join-group x.x.x.x" command under CUCM interface

*Added "ip pim rp-address x.x.x.x" command pointing toward CUCM. 

*Added "ccm-manager music-on-hold" command on Gateway.

Thanks for your time!

17 Replies 17

Followed by excellent points mentioned by Chris, I think you are missing the Device Pool configuration on MoH Server. Please check the MoH DP and Gateway DP and respective region codec configuration. This should match the codec configured for MoH in service parameter. 

Which all codecs are enabled for MoH under service parameters?

Please ensure that region settings between MoH Server Device Pool and Trunk/Gateway Device Pool is assigned bandwidth for respective codec. For example if you have enabled only G711mu for MoH, please check the region setting is assigned 64 Kbps between MoH Server DP and Trunk/Gateway DP.

Please check the MRGL configuration is correct with respect to following and assigned to Trunk/Gateway;

1. MoH audio source of user (who is placing call on hold) is having MMoH enabled.

2. Media Resource Group (containing respective MoH Server) is having MMoH enabled.

3. MoH Server is having MMoH enabled.

Todd Jaeger
Level 1
Level 1

I would check if the provider is prunning multicast traffic. you can see if they're doing that by:

sh ip pim neighbors

if the provider is not prunning multicast traffic, your WAN interface should show up after issuing the above command.