Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple calls showing as 9911

asalazar1992
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

A remote site has been receiving calls that show as 9911 on their Cisco IP phones. This is a fairly recent event, I'd say over the last month or so. 

They reported that the calls are either ringing and dropping immediately, dead air when answered, or an actual call from a client. 

To me, it almost seems like these numbers are hitting a pattern that is registering them as extension 9911, however we don't have an extension set for that.

Curious as to where else I could be looking to resolve this.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the call arrives with 9911, then you'll have to discuss this with your telco.

If it doesn't, then start by reviewing at all the related config for that call flow since the call arrives to your GW/CUBE and all the way to the phone, review debugs/traces if necessary.

Route patterns are NOT involved in inbound calls, unless you're receiving a call and then sending it to other system.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks! This is helpful and gives me a place to start. 

I'd start by pulling CUCM traces for one of the call examples if they are recent enough. Then enable debugs on your voice gateway ready to catch the next one on it's way in so to speak.