cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Music on Hold breaking down call on secure trunk

tsmith054
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to get secure trunks set up between our cluster and SBC.  The trunk is up and calls are working.  However, when I try to place a call on hold from the cucm side the call breaks down.  I've identified the cause of this.  During the re-invite, CUCM tries to send regular RTP back instead of SRTP for the MOH.  According to the docs, if the remote device supports SRTP then CUCM should send SRTP for MOH.  However, this is not what is happening.  I've verified that this works from a secure cucm phone to another secure cucm phone.  But this does not work from a secure cucm phone across a secure trunk.  Any suggestions?  I've restarted the IP Media Streaming service and that had no affect.  I'll share a snippet of the SDP below where CUCM sends RTP instead of SRTP -

v=0

o=CiscoSystemsCCM-SIP 166772 3 IN IP4 <X.X.X.X>

s=SIP Call

c=IN IP4 <X.X.X.X>

t=0 0

m=audio 4000 RTP/AVP 0

a=X-cisco-media:umoh

a=ptime:20

a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000

a=sendonly

6 Replies 6

Sreekanth Narayanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you share the SDL trace for the sip trunk call being placed on Hold? It must have failed some condition in order to send regular RTP for MOH.

Attaching trace file for you.  Thanks!

Thanks for providing the trace. Is the MOH server "Device is Trusted" checkbox checked?
Also, do you have MTP required checked on the SIP trunk? Could you share the SDL and IPVMS trace for the same call?
I'd suggest raising a TAC case in parallel too.

Yes, the MOH server shows "Device is Trusted".  I don't have MTP required checked on the trunk.  If I check that, then the MTP offers RTP instead of SRTP to the far end.  I currently have a TAC case open to see if this is a bug of some sort.  

Hi tsmith,

we have the same problem with disconnects. Did you found a solution which got an SRTP when a call is on hold?

Greetings
Markus

Jose Gomez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

did yo get help from TAC?, could you share the fix for tihis?