cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Assistance with Route Pattern

j.burwell
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to create a single route pattern that routes the entire range of 910 230 XXXX to 910 299 XXXX. I've used the range characters for a smaller range, like 910 231 XXXX to 910 237 XXXX but am having trouble figuring out what the proper statement would be to route the larger range in a single route pattern. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Does this help ?
9102[3-9][0-9]XXXX or you can have [0-9] if you wish instead of X wildcard it's basically the same thing.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Does this help ?
9102[3-9][0-9]XXXX or you can have [0-9] if you wish instead of X wildcard it's basically the same thing.

Thank you very much! That is exactly what I was looking for. I was not aware you could use multiple sets of brackets on a single pattern so that is what I was missing. Thanks Again!

Nipun,

Quick follow up question- In my example, I started and ended within a full 0-9 range for the 6th digit. Can you tell me how I would end the range before reaching a 9 in the final group without excluding the 9 from being used in the prior groups. For example, What if I instead was trying to create a pattern to route everything from 910 230 XXXX to 910 294 XXXX? Would I have to use exclusions to exclude 295-299? Thanks again for all the assistance! I wonder if there is a route pattern tool out there where you could input a list of NPA/NXX and have it output the most consolidated list of patterns?

You can tweak the pattern like so for the 6th digit - 9102[3-9][0-4]XXXX. It would automatically exclude 295-299.

Thanks for the reply! That is what my first thought was, but would that not also exclude 5-9 as the 6th digit in every set within the range? For example, it seems that modification would also exclude 910285XXXX and all within others within the range that have 5-9 as the 6th digit.

Yeah, you are right. I overlooked your complete requirement. You can look into route filtering using @ macro to create your router pattern if that serves your purpose -

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmcfg/bccm-861-cm/b03rtflt.pdf

Or you can keep the initial RP to allow calls and create another RP/TP to accomodate your "295-299" pattern to block/reject these calls.

On the IP Phones, the CSS will prioritize the Reject RP/TP and then have the allow RP/TP partition to effectively block calls to these numbers and only allow calls that are not matched/rejected first.

Thanks Nipun!

Thought on this some more- So Would 910[230-294]XXXX be a valid route pattern to cover the range in the second example with no exclusions?

[ ]

The square bracket ([ ]) characters enclose a range of values.

The route pattern 813510[012345] routes or blocks all numbers in the range 8135100 through 8135105.

-

The hyphen (-) character, used with the square brackets, denotes a range of values.

The route pattern 813510[0-5] routes or blocks all numbers in the range 8135100 through 8135105.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_6_1/ccmsys/accm-861-cm/a03rp.html#14906

This uses a variant of regex, might want to read on the topic to understand how the wildcards are used in CUCM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The pattern is not invalid, completely but it won't serve the purpose. You are effectively just manipulating a single digit with "[230-294]" and not 3 digits like you intend. So you are only configuring a pattern to accommodate 7 digits.