Views
Helpful
Replies

Need suggestion

sbatsya12
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In Call Manager of our network we are using Route pattern 0.00[2-9]![0-9#].So,customer has to dial this route pattern along with #.

Now customer donn't want to dial # key after dialing this route pattern.

So,can i remove this # from this route pattern or i need to used urgent priority  for this route pattern.Please suggest which is the better solution

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your pattern is an odd application. I never thought of using a range to terminate a call string. Anyway, the use of the pound in the pattern you provided is to allow users to signal to CUCM that they are done dialing. When the CUCM digit analysis process receives this digit, it will route immediately.

If your regional dial plan is fixed-length, then you can avoid using the #. If it is variable length, then you can either use the pound to route immediately or you can shorten the inter-digit timeout. Using the latter method can shorten the wait time when a user dials all of the digits they intend to dial, but it won't route immediate like, say, extension dialing.

I wouldn't use urgent priority.

To modify the interdigit behavior, go to the Call Manager service parameters and adjust the T.302 timer parameter. Don't go lower than 3 - 4 seconds.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Please rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your pattern is an odd application. I never thought of using a range to terminate a call string. Anyway, the use of the pound in the pattern you provided is to allow users to signal to CUCM that they are done dialing. When the CUCM digit analysis process receives this digit, it will route immediately.

If your regional dial plan is fixed-length, then you can avoid using the #. If it is variable length, then you can either use the pound to route immediately or you can shorten the inter-digit timeout. Using the latter method can shorten the wait time when a user dials all of the digits they intend to dial, but it won't route immediate like, say, extension dialing.

I wouldn't use urgent priority.

To modify the interdigit behavior, go to the Call Manager service parameters and adjust the T.302 timer parameter. Don't go lower than 3 - 4 seconds.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Please rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks BIll for this information..