cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Needed OS Win2000.4.4 for MCS-7835-I2-IPC1

jbhilhorst
Level 1
Level 1

Our customer is running CCM4.1.3SR3A and is not able to upgrade. We want to replace the existing hardware with new servers. The original HP servers are no longer available, so we want to replace them with IBM servers, MCS-7835-I2-IPC1.

These servers in combination with the used CCM4.1 obliges us to install Windows 2000.4.4. We want to keep this OS, to make the migration as easy as possible. We bougth the hardware but do not have the OS discs.

This means that we need the OS discs for Windows 2000.4.4 for IBM. Is there anyone who can send me a .iso ? Cisco Netherlands is not able to help, so I hope someone can help us.

Best regards, Jan-Bart

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Jan-Bart,

I don't think anyone can send or post you an .iso without being in violation of their existing license agreements with Cisco. Especially on a Windows OS build which obligates Cisco to maintain compliance with Microsoft license agreements.  If your local account team is unable to assist you and you have valid support contracts in place, then I think that you need to try and escalate within Cisco. If you don't have valid support contracts in place then I am not sure what your next move would be.

CCM 4.1 is no longer in support and it may be worth the time and money to simply run a DMA upgrade from the CCM 4.1 system to a later, supported version.  Just a thought.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Jan-Bart,

I don't think anyone can send or post you an .iso without being in violation of their existing license agreements with Cisco. Especially on a Windows OS build which obligates Cisco to maintain compliance with Microsoft license agreements.  If your local account team is unable to assist you and you have valid support contracts in place, then I think that you need to try and escalate within Cisco. If you don't have valid support contracts in place then I am not sure what your next move would be.

CCM 4.1 is no longer in support and it may be worth the time and money to simply run a DMA upgrade from the CCM 4.1 system to a later, supported version.  Just a thought.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

jbhilhorst
Level 1
Level 1

Our dutch Cisco team can't find the CD's. In my opinion there should be no licensing issue, because the Cisco/Microsoft license will be transferred from the old HP server to the new IBM server. Hence we will only need the CD's and we will reuse the existing license.

Finaly: cheap rufurbished server that included the CD's did the trick