cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

new partition/css interdigit timeout issue

Dave Phillips
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup up a new office in our CUCM 10.5 environment and I am having interdigit timeout issues.  Any device/DN ip put into the new partition/CSS etc. has an interdigit timeout when dialing ANY number, including DN's assigned to other partitions.  

When a device in an existing partition calls a DN in the new partition there is no interdigit delay.

I have checked the dialplan for some sort of overlap, and there is none.  It also seems like if there was an overlap, the problem would be reversed and the delay would be when calling the new DN.

I am sure I a missing something simple, but cant seem to find it.

Here is the result of DNA:

Results Summary
## Calling Party Information
◦ Calling Party = 8392
◦ Partition = NewPartition
◦ Device CSS = NewPartition_CSS
◦ Line CSS = NewPartition_CSS
◦ AAR Group Name = NewPartition_AAR
◦ AAR CSS = NewPartition_CSS
• Dialed Digits = 2363
• Match Result = RouteThisPattern

## Matched Pattern Information
◦ Pattern = 2363
◦ Partition = OldPartition
◦ Time Schedule =
• Called Party Number = 2363
• Time Zone = America/Los_Angeles
• Call Classification = OnNet
InterDigit Timeout = YES
• Device Override = Disabled
• Outside Dial Tone = NO
## Call Flow
Directory Number :DN= 2363
◦ Partition = OldPartition
◦ TypeCFACSSPolicy = Use System Default
◦ Call Classification = Unknown

## Forwarding Information
## Device :Type= Cisco 8945
## Device :Type= Remote Destination Profile
Alternate Matches
• Note: Information Not Available

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Without looking at your dial plan, there's no way to tell you what to look at, or what to fix.

DNA works based on the information that is currently in the DB, if it says there is overlapping, I'd assume it's because it found something that overlaps.

FYI, the partition of a device, has nothing to do with the calling privileges it has, that's controlled by the CSS.

Exactly how did you come to the conclusion that there is no overlapping, what did you check??

All you can do, is use the route plan report, to search for overlapping.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

its working as designed, there must be a DN configured as 2363x and hence cucm waits for the inter digit timeout. check route plan report for similar patters, refer below posts for the same.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10403926/dialed-number-analyzer-interdigit-timeout-yes

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12608376/interdigit-timeout-when-dialing-extension-no-dial-plan-overlap

I have determined there is no overlap by searching the dial plan.  What I do not follow is, every other CSS in my system can call each other by 4 digit extension.  

Existing phones can call a phone/DN in the NEW CSS/partition with out any interdigit issues.  

This is where I would expect my delay if I was adding a new DN range that overlapped somewhere, but this is in the reverse direction.  Anything in the new CSS cannot call any other 4 digit extension without the interdigit timeout, even DN's in its own partition.

I have checked my new CSS and it is allowed to call every partition.  I have checked old CSS' and 

they have access to new partition.  

I am really not sure where to look at this point.  I have 5 sites, with 5 partitions and 5 CSS.  There are NO interdigit timeout issue between these 5 sites.  

I created site 6, new partition and new CSS and any device in this new CSS has the interdigit issue.

EDIT:

A bit of info on my dial plan.  It is really simple. 4 digit dialing between sites and the basic 9.etc routes for outbound.

site 1 = 2XXX

site 2 = 3[4-5]XX,54XX

site 3 = 3[0-1]XX

site 4 = 5XXX

site 5 = 4[7-8]XX,14XX

NEW SITE = 8[3-4]XX

DOH!  I had an unwanted partition in my new CSS that I missed.  This was causing a match to route pattern XXXXXXX+ which accounts for everything using the interdigit timeout.