cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Number with Pause - Speed dial setup in UCM

patricknewyork
Level 1
Level 1

Hello - How do I setup a speed dial number to contain a pause in UCM? (Using UCM for Cisco IP Phone 7962)

For example, dialing 18008888888, PAUSE for a few seconds, dial 888888

What is the syntax to insert a pause?

Thanks.

18 Replies 18

JiriM
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i was recently asked to find solution for similar problem and was able to do what you need by performing these steps:

- your ip phone must have xml server execute enabled in configuration (so you will be able to send xml instructions to your phone from external application)

- your phone must have xml service configured to call callNumber.php script which will perform the actual call and later insert digits
- we are using php as external application/server to serve xml and then send POST xml request to the phone so if you want to replicate our approcah, you need php as well. The unsecured php code is:

// callNumber.php - this php (which outputs raw xml) is called from your phone via xml service and will initiate the call and start background process to send additional digits to this call after small pause
exec('php /path/insertDigits.php > /dev/null &');
echo '<CiscoIPPhoneExecute><ExecuteItem Priority="0" URL="Dial:856215154"/></CiscoIPPhoneExecute>';

// insertDigits.php  - this code will create anohter post call to enter the additional digits after pause (in case your phone is unable to perform dial and senddigits in one request)
sleep(3);
$url = 'IPADRESS OF YOUR PHONE/CGI/Execute';
$fields_string = '<CiscoIPPhoneExecute><ExecuteItem Priority="0" URL="SendDigits:1234"/></CiscoIPPhoneExecute>';
$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_URL, $url); curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_POST, count($fields)); curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $fields_string); curl_setopt($ch,CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
$result = curl_exec($ch);

Maybe it will still help somebody and am wondering why such workarounds are needed to perform otherwise elementary stuff in supposedly advanced ip telephony.

This thread started before this feature was added to CUCM, it now has been available for quite some time, since 9.x

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/pause-in-speed-dial-feature-on-cucm-9-x/ba-p/3107341

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi All,

It is great that speed dial functionality for this was added. However, we use a Corporate Directory linked to active directory. All numbers in our Corporate Directory are listed as + dial numbers and work perfectly, until you get to numbers for sites without DIDs, where you have to dial an auto attendant and then enter a internal extension. In our Corporate Directory these numbers are listed as follows: + 1 234 567 8888,,,123 (in this example 234 567 8888 is the auto attendant and 123 is the speed dial). This works for practically all phone systems that utilise the active directory even business cell phones that have a link to these entries. 

I understand if this is a limitation in the system programming but please do not try to make out it is a redundant requirement for these setups to work. Some businesses do have DID even today and auto attendants are the only way to reach them.

I think for these numbers in the corporate directory that are outside the Cisco Unified Comms platform there is no option but surely for the sites that I there must be a way to translate the number dialled from the corporate directory to be translated to the Cisco UCM internal dial surely?

changing the ‘telephone number’ in the active directory entry is not an option as it would break the auto attendant>pause>extension function for all other systems.

kind regards,

Cappa

I was able to get around this, for internal Cisco dialling only, by creating a translation pattern \+12345678888#XXX and adding a transformation mask of the 7 digit Cisco dial we use (e.g. 8765XXX) after updating active directory when a Cisco phone would use corporate directory to look up one of these numbers it would bypass the auto attendant and route directly to the internal extension.

Whilst I acknowledge this may break the extension dialling via AA in other systems, at least the extension is still listed in Active Directory (+1 234 567 8888#123).

I hope this helps some people.

Kind regards,

Cappa