Views
Helpful
Replies

off site location 911 dialing

latintrpt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I currently have a CUCM cluster set up at my main office.  I'm on version 7.1.5.  911 calling and all other dial patterns are working fine at this location. 

I am now setting up off site locations to use the same CUCM cluster but these off site locations are in different area codes.  My problem is that when a user at one of these off site locations dial 911 or a their local area code and a number it will come back as the area code of the main office.  How would I go about trying to fix this issue?

I hope this makes sense.

21 Replies 21

You can handle this easily by configuring your dial plan appropriately. You can still send some calls to the main site gateway and the 911 calls to a local gateway. Configure the calling search spaces on the phones to include a partition that has a 911 pattern pointing to the local gateway. Have this same CSS include partition(s) that have route patterns (other than 911) that point to your main site gateway.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks Bill,

As far as connectivity goes from the remote voice gateway.  Would I need a connection to my main campus voice gateway and the avaya definity G3?  I need my remote voice gateway to be able to call both the cisco phones on the main campus, the avaya phones that still reside on the avaya system and also be able to dial 911 in it's area.

Where is the Avaya? I was under the impression that it was on the main campus and that you had QSIG trunks already established with the 3845 at the main campus?

The Avaya system is on the main campus, but I need for the off site location to be able to dial phones that still sit on that system. 

Yes I already have QSIG Trunks between the 3845 and the Avaya system on the main campus.

I was under the impression that I would need to have a connection from my 2921 on the off site location to both the 3845 VGW and the Avaya system.

Ok let me sum up to you the solution in the case you will run a local voice gateway on the remote site to the pstn

Phones in the campus and remote site will register to call manager and they can call each other using the wan link using call manager for call signaling

CUCM supposed to be integrated with the avaya system and calls from ip phones in the main site or remote site will send the signaling to call manger for calls to the avaya and CUCM will handle the call routing so this is VoIP calls too

For pstn calls as Bill mentioned above this can be controlled via CSS and partitions of the devices, lines and route patterns to send the call over the desired voice gateway

You need to add the remote site voice gateway to CUCM and add it to new route group and route list to use the route list in the desired route pattern to send calls over the re ote site voice gateway

You Khufu look into CUCM new dial plan approach by using loccal route group which could simplify things for you

Search for CUCM local route group

Hope this help

If helpful rate

Thanks guys, it makes a lot more sense now.

So do you guys recommend me upgrading the 2921 or just putting a Cisco SPA8800 IP Telephony Gateway with 4 FXS and 4 FXO ports?  Personally I think I would go with a SPA8800 just so I don't have to take down user's and upgrade the PVDM's.

Anyone have experience with these SPA8800's?

Thanks

I haven't used SPA8800 and defer to others who may have experience with that platform. I usually stay in the ISR realm. Sizing a system based on:

a. The number of DSP resources required for voice termination

b. The number of DSP resources required for conferencing/transcoding (I alwasy recommend local DSP resources for conferencing)

c. bandwidth performance for connected interfaces.

d. security requirements

Regards,

Bill