Views
Helpful
Replies

One way audio ip phone to ip phone

Vikram Prakash
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am facing one of the hardest problems. i am totally unaware of this type of problem.

There is one way sound between IP Phone to IP phone in the same location.

there is no firewall in between.Sometimes there are sound both ways sometimes one way.

kindly help me out of the ISSUE.

2 Replies 2

Follow the below steps
1- Try to connect the phones to a different switch phone and see if you still face the issue or not.
2- If you are using for Ex :- Cisco 7942 phones press the "?" key twice and that would help you understanding if the packets are getting dropped not. It provides you the status of packets sent and received.
As this is one way audio the you should be able to see packets getting dropped for the received packets on one of the phones.
3- Try connecting both the phones to same switch and check if still there is a one way audio issue or not.
4- Try changing the ports of the phones on the same switch.
5- In this situation you need to work upon PCAPs from all the hops in your network. For Ex :-
IP Phone A >> Switch 1 >> Switch 2 >> IP Phone B
Here you need to collect PCAPs from IP Phone A, then ingress interface of SW1 , egress interface of SW1 >> similarly for switch 2 and then IP Phone B.

HTH
Regards
Abhay
Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are phones on the same VLAN?

If not, ensure you have proper bi-directional IP routing between both networks as that is 99% of the time root cause of such an issue.