cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Order of CLI Translations

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

We had an original set of translation rules in place see below where the SI modified the incoming number so to present a 9 as the prefix based upon whether the call was national, international etc. However we had issue where the prefix 9 was also added to numbers where the caller did not send any so the phone display only showed 9 - matched on rule 4

Old rule

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^\(.*\)/ /9\1/ type subscriber subscriber

rule 2 /^\(.*\)/ /90\1/ type national national

rule 3 /^\(.*\)/ /900\1/ type international international

rule 4 /^\(.*\)/ /9\1/ type unknown unknown  

The SI then added a new rule - rule 1 rule 1 /^$/ // type any unknown plan any private as below but we still saw the digit 9 on call when the number was not sent

New rule

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^$/ // type any unknown plan any private     

rule 2 /^\(.*\)/ /9\1/ type subscriber subscriber

rule 3 /^\(.*\)/ /90\1/ type national national

rule 4 /^\(.*\)/ /900\1/ type international international

rule 5 /^\(.*\)/ /9\1/ type unknown unknown  

What is the order the rules are applied , they are saying that if call comes in and there is no number then it matches on rule 1 and stops however if there is a number then it matches on the others.

To me it seems if the call comes in with no number and the type is any then it matches rule 1 and is changed to unknown and plan set to private. However to me if the type is subscriber or unknown then it matches the rule 2 or 5

With TP on the CLI does it match on closest after searching or does it just stop on the every first match, which I thought it did however can you have a type as ANY if the Telco is sending a closer match

Am I correct?

thanks

5 Replies 5

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

the translation rule will match top down. it will start from rule 1, if it didn't match it will continue to the 2nd rule and so on.

my recommendation to configure the more specified match at the top and the default match at the bottom.

HTH

Anas

please don't forget to rate the helpful posts

thanks, that`s what I thought however based upon the rules, if a call comes in without a display number what will it match on ?

in addition how do you "capture" a call when no CLI is sent

Hi.

did you try to do a  test voice translation-rule command to see the behaviour of the translation rule?

HTH

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

i don`thave access. I see lots of examples of TP based uopn ANI, but not when no ANI is sent. If no ANI is sent , can we sure TYPE ?what is the type is it always unknown, private. I know private can also be private networks so we can not use TP`s based upn that. If it was a SIP trunk then we can use anonymous statement