Views
Helpful
Replies

Order of Partition in CSS Strange thing

hamid ghani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

i experence a strange thing yesterday, i got two phones A and B, phone A is using Extension Mobility when the user logout i need the phone A will have only the privilage of incoming calls, when doing this i encounter the strange thing.

the Partition of phone A is in the CSS of phone B, by this way it should receive the call from phone B, this is not happening when i put its partition of Phone A in the top of phone B CSS ,, then phone A can receive the call from Phone B, when i put the partition of phone A in second or third order in CSS phone B  cannot call phone A,

does this order matters????/ 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Let me take a wild guess. You're using the exact same DN for the logout profile (or the one configured for that phone) and the one from EM

If so, that's expected. The only scenario on which the oder of the partitions of a CSS matters is when you have equally good matches, then, the first one that is available in the CSS is the one you will reach ALL the time.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

The order of partitions in a CSS does matter actually. It is quite possible that the CSS of phone B has the 1st partition which is blocking the call to phone A and then the next partition(the one that you are actually playing around with) allows the call to phone A. Hence when you call phone A from phone B, it checks the ordered list of partitions(top-down) in its CSS and finds out that the 1st partition is blocking the call to A. Hence call may drop. Kindly check this fact in your config. Perform two DNA's with phone B's CSS by putting phone A's partition 1st and then 2nd in the list. Check what is actually blocking the call.

Hope that helps

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Pl rate helpful posts

nitsinha
Level 4
Level 4

Check this doc(last paragraph in Understanding Partitions and Calling Search Spaces)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/3_3_3/ccmsys/a03ptcss.html#wp1020642

HTH

Regards

Nitesh

PS:rate helpful posts

actually the thing is my scenario is when the user using EM  logsout his phone can only receive calls and cannot make calls, so there are two partitions one on the device  and second on the line, here the order is making the problem, in phone B CSS the phone A's partition in not transfering from line  partition to device partiton,

which partition on the device are you talking about? As far as i know partition can only be applied to a line and not to a device. You also said that in phone B CSS the phone A's partition in not transfering from line  partition to device partiton, what exactly do you mean? AFAIK the order of partitions in a phone's CSS will not change as and when the EM user logs in or logs out.

Do you have same extension for default device profile and for user device profile? If so then check the following doc for a probable cause of failure

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008087166b.shtml

HTH

Regards

Nitesh

PS: Pl rate helpful posts

Let me take a wild guess. You're using the exact same DN for the logout profile (or the one configured for that phone) and the one from EM

If so, that's expected. The only scenario on which the oder of the partitions of a CSS matters is when you have equally good matches, then, the first one that is available in the CSS is the one you will reach ALL the time.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Thanks javalenc,

yes you got the problem exactly,, this is the problem but now how to fix this... there is the exact match for DNs with device profile and phone

waiting for you reply

Hamid

You can find one of the possible solutions in the link provided by me in my previous post.

Hope that helps

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Pl rate helpful posts

We have something similar setup and the easiest way that we found to do is to:

1. Not assgin a DN to the phone itself. Otherwise, when a call is attampted, the CSS on both the line and the device itself are taken into consideration.

2. Create "Logged Out" profile that is assgined to every phone used with EM. That way when a user loggs out that profile loads

3. Create a CSS for "Internal and 911/ER" calls

4. Assign the CSS to the profile created in #2

5. Assing a generic DN to the profile created in #2 and provision it only with the "Internal and 911" CSS. The DN can be dropped in your your standard "Phones-PT"

Let me know if that is of interest to you and I can provide more details