Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Overlapping Dial plan

Hi All,

I have a question about routing calls to the PSTN from CUCM trough a SIP trunk to the a 2921 and then PRI to provider.

CUCM 10.5

IOS 15.

I have SRST set up on the SIP voice gateway and dial peers that match the route patterns/;translation patterns in CUCM. Mu issue is that when a user dials a 10 digit UK number. My dial plan allows for 11 digits from CUCM to the gateway and then the dial-peer in the gateway allows it out. The problem is that the exact same number less the last digit can be a valid ten digit number and the call fails at my gateway. 

Example

Number dialed is 0800123123 will not work but 08001231234 will work but they are both valid numbers. (Using example numbers here)

My translation pattern 90.8XXXXXXXXX allows 11 digits out to gateway over SIP trunk

My dial peer below allows 11 digits out of the gateway. 
dial-peer voice 103 pots
 description National Calls 11 Digit
 destination-pattern 90[1-8].........
 port 0/0/0:15
 forward-digits 11

What's the best way to introduce the 10 digits to the dial plan? 

12 Replies 12

Not sure why do you know need dialplan. If I suggest to do the digit manipulation on RP, RL, or RG. In this case you can have a single RP to match 10/11 digits or 1 RP for 10 digits and 1 RP for 11 digits. Without urgent priority, interdigit timeout will decide on witch route pattern to match.

Same thing on the gateway, you can create two DPs for 10 and 11 digits to two dialpeers (one for each).

the problem with translation patterns that they use urgent priority by default which translate the traffic on the first match.

This will also resolve your overlapping 10 and 11 digits.

dial-peer voice 103 pots
 forward-digits 11 - See more at: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12537591/overlapping-dial-plan#sthash.WNgGlj3z.dpuf
dial-peer voice 103 pots
 forward-digits 11 - See more at: https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12537591/overlapping-dial-plan#sthash.WNgGlj3z.dpuf

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for the reply. The reason for the Translation pattern is the system is using a Global dial plan. So all dialed digits are converted to full E.164 with the Translation Pattern and then to the RP. So 908001231234 actually goes to the RP as +448001231234 and the RP for +44 picks it up and then it gets sent to the correct gateway and gets stripped to a local number of a local gateway. So, I can turn off the Urgent Priority on the TP to see if that works for inter digit timeout??

Then have 2 dial-peers below?

dial-peer voice 103 pots
 forward-digits 11

dial-peer voice 103 pots
 description National Calls 10 Digit
 destination-pattern 90[1-8]........
 forward-digits 10

Please test and let me know. With interdigit timeout it should work

Hi Guys,

No luck. I'm testing with 0800318611 (10 Digit) and 08443851600 (11 digit)

Translation patterns are 

9.08XXXXXXXXX   PreDot  Insert +44.

9.08XXXXXXXX   PreDot  Insert +44.

Route Pattern +44.!  PreDot Insert 90

When I look at the gateway both number come in correctly but the dial-peers are the problem.

The 11 digit number is truncated to 10 digits. 

Dial peers are 

dial-peer voice 111 pots
 description National Calls 10 Digit
 destination-pattern 90[1-8]........
 forward-digits 10

dial-peer voice 103 pots
 description National Calls 11 Digit
 forward-digits 11

Sorry, I lost the debugs as I have only remote access but it showed the 11 digit number hitting the ISDN as 8443851600. So the 10 and 11 digits enter the gateway over SIP correctly but the Dialpeers always strip it down to 10.

The 10 digit pattern is matching first and sending the call to the PSTN before it checks the 11th digit. Try adding a timeout to the 10 digit dial peer to allow it time to wait for another digit.

dial-peer voice 111 pots
 destination-pattern 90[1-8]........T

May need to turn down the interdigit timer so you don't have to wait the full 10 seconds.

thanks for the replies guys. I finally had a chance to test. 

The 9.0[1-8]XXXXXXX+ on CUCM works fine and either number is sent tot he gateway. I see some strange things happening on the gateway though. 

I have the two dial-peers below on the gateway. 

dial-peer voice 103 pots
 description National Calls 11 Digit

dial-peer voice 111 pots

When I test, the 11 digit numbers can take up to a minute and sometimes more to dial out. I can see them hanging on the 111 dial-peer and then eventually going out. I have set the inter digit timer to 5 on the voice-port but it seems to ignore it. 

I'll post logs when I get access to them. 

You need to reduce T302 timer on CUCM (you can access it from the service parameters). It won't make a difference on the gateway because the gateway is receiving enbloc number from CUCM (unless you enable overlap sending).

Hi Mohammed,

I have reduced the T302 timer to 7 sec. But I do see the call hitting the gateway very quickly, the problem is the dial-peer. It hangs on the 90[1-8]........T dial-peers for ages and then eventually goes to the other dial-peer .

Hi,
 did you try the following?

voicetranslation-rule 1
 rule 1 /^9\(.*\)/ /\1/

voice translation-rule RIP9
 translate-called 1

dial-peer voice 800 pots
 description National Calls
 translation-profile outgoing RIP9
 forward-digits all

Hope this helps.

Hi All,

After some more testing I noticed that when using the 2 dial-peers destination-pattern 90[1-8]......... and destination-pattern 90[1-8]........T, when we failed over to SRST mode the dial-peers worked in a round robin fashion which meant the solution did not work. I've had to use a 9T dial-peer instead. 

I did also try the RIP9 tralsation pattern mentioned by Marcelo but same issue when in SRST mode. 

I will have to do more testing in the lab to see why the dial-peers work differently when in SRST mode. When I get a chance I'll post some logs and findings. 

As it stands on CUCM I have :

Translation Patterns:

90.[1-8]! Strip Predot Insert +44

90.[1-8]!# Strip Predot Insert +44 Trailing #

(T302 Timer dropped to 4000)

Route Patterns:

\+44!  SLRG

\+44!#  SLRG

Dial-Peer on 2921

dial-peer voice 102 pots
 description ** PRI Outbound Dial-peer for all calls **
 destination-pattern 9T
 progress_ind setup enable 3
 progress_ind alert enable 8
 progress_ind progress enable 8
 progress_ind connect enable 8

(Interdigit Timer set to 5)

Works fine this way and takes interdigit timers into account. I don't like the timer being used for local calls but it works. All phones are SIP. I began testing with SCCP and then phones were converted so mixed things up a bit. 

Make sure the 10 digit dialing is allowed all the way through. Need a new pattern to match the dialed digits, a pattern for E164 and a translation pattern. Make sure "Urgent Priority" is unchecked for the 10 digit patterns so it doesn't match an 11 digit pattern by mistake. May need to turn down the interdigit timer so it doesn't take too long to match.

At that point the dial-peers you show above should work as long as you change one of the tags to not be 103 (both can't be the same, it will just over-write the other).

Hi Michael,

use the following pattern in CUCM: 90.8XXXXXXXX+ (in other words, 10 or more digits).

Use the following configuration in the Gateway:

voicetranslation-rule 1

rule 1 /^9\(.*\)/ /\1/

voice translation-rule RIP9

translate-called 1

dial-peer voice 800 pots
 description 0800

translation-profile outgoing RIP9
 destination-pattern 908........!
 forward-digits all

Hope this helps