cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Overriding CSS restrictions from Corp. Directory

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

We have set up Device based CSS on our system. At the moment we use EM and have configured the system so that users have to log into the system otherwise they can not make calls excluding emergency SWB operator etc. to achieve this we make use of translations in which we force any call to a VM message informing the user to log in to the phone- all good.

E.g

DN`s can begin with 1-8 prefix so I`ve added a translation of each DN prefix to point to a CTI RP pointing to VM

Translation 7!

Called Transformation Mask of 2222

CTI RP

of 2222 which points to VM

If I manually dial 7171234 I hear the VM messages however if I use the Corp. Directory it overrides the above set up

Is this because the number in the Corp Directory is being dialled Enblock so the TP does not have time to "react" or the Corp Directory is not governed by any CSS?

thanks

3 Replies 3

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6

Done some more testing.

Ignore below the call from Corp Directory does not get blocked however it is to do with Partitions

We make use of Site codes followed by extension numbers so if we dial from our "own " site we are directed to a translation of [1-7]xxx ( our DN`s are 1-7xxx) where a site code is added so a user on their "own " site will dial 1234 and we add a site code of 555 in the TP of [1-7]xxx but for calls outside of the "own" site e.g 8012222 to other sites on the same CUCM users dial the number and there is a match of 8012222 based upon the DN in CUCM. We use flat partitions so every DN already has site code followed by 4 digit- allows us to assign a single partition to every DN.

The issue that when a user makes a call from a phone which is not logged in - their extension or another other as in the case of a Hot Desk , they dial a user on their site e.g 3453 and the is intercepted by the Translation of 3xxx - all good since this is closer to [1-7]xxx

Potential matches

3xxx or [1-7]xxx but CUCM selects our TP of 3xxx which routes the call to VM instead of [1-7]xxx however if the same users dial 8012222 there is a potential match of

8! - pointing to VM as we would like but also the actual user of DN 8012222 so CUCM selects 8012222 - closet match and makes the call instead of going to VM via the 8! TP pattern.

I need to the call to go to the TP for Voice Mail when dialling from logged out device .

The CSS of the devices can all see the "internal " partitions so users from site A dial Site B or C directly but users in Site A calling another Site A user have to go via TP so to add the site code of 555- Flat Partitioning as per Cisco

Site A 5551xxx

Site B 8011xxx

Site C 7011xxx

I initially thought to select the 8! pattern in the above example is the following is by creating a duplicate TP of 8! and a hoger order of Partitions in this example

8! - TP to VM message ( Partition_A)

8! - Dummy TP (Partition_B) but do not do any translations and so point the call back out to CUCM so to select the DN 8012222 basically the call is looped in TP before it hits the DN and make use of Partition order of equal match DN`s however there will always be a closer match due to the DN of 8012222

Any idea`s

ashok_boin
Level 5
Level 5

I too strongly believe it's due to Enbloc dialing and you might be having more specific pattern than translation pattern.

Can you just give a try with specific translation pattern for 7171234 and dial the same through Corp Dir?

Regards...

-Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok

After I wrote the orginal, I added a number in the corp Directory and assigned a CSS which would block it. I then dialled via the key pad and Corp Directory and the call was blocked which pointed me in the additional update